Graphics / Media / DRM Software Engineer
5 - 7 years experience •
We are looking for Graphics / Media / DRM Software Engineer or our client in Hillsboro, OR
Job Title: Graphics / Media / DRM Software Engineer
Job Location: Hillsboro, OR
- Work with a small team to implement a DRM in a Trusted Execution Environment, complete with external server interactions on Windows. Verify functionality, and harden interfaces. Integrate with a protected video playback capability, enhancing the capability to extend audio and video use cases as directed. Debug, troubleshooting and customer support, including aiding customers to integrate their products with this solution. Enhance specification documentation to reflect implementation details. Understand changes in driver, firmware and SDKs to alter the solution to accommodate these changes.
- Strong software engineering background with hands-on experience of full software life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in low level video parsing, decoding and rendering.
- Deep understanding of video frames, headers, NAL units and start codes.
- Knowledgeable on the parsing of AVC, HEVC, TS clear and CENC video.
- 5+ years of experience with software development or enabling secure video playback technology including parsing, decoding and rendering.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience with programming using SGX based enclaves.
Knowledge of streaming/OTT technology, which may include:
- Video (e.g. MPEG-DASH, HLS, Smooth Streaming, HTML5, HEVC, DX11, GPU-CP)
- Audio (e.g. AAC, MP3, Dolby, DTS)
- DRM (e.g. OMA, CENC, Microsoft PlayReady, Google Widevine, Adobe Primetime)
- Organized, committed team player, excellent communicator, and a willingness to learn.
- Minimum BS in Computer Science/Engineering and have at least five years of industry experience developing software applications.
- Self-motivated and able to extrapolate the uses, limitations, and opportunities for new technologies.
- Customer/Results orientation, discipline, and proven ability to establish and maintain cross-organizational relationships.
- Good verbal, written and organization skills.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of security, hardening, encryption standards.
- Development or enabling experience in content protection, DRMs, media APIs/SDK integration and testing is a plus.