We are looking for Graphics Debug Technician for our client in Folsom, CA
Job Title: Graphics Debug Technician
Job Location: Folsom, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Graphics Control Panel Technician
- In this position, you will be responsible for setting up equipment for SW validation, executing validation test plans, replicating reported bugs of Intel Graphics drivers.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Technically competent in loading and testing drivers and UI
- Independent and able to debug issues. – they to do not need to solve them – we have engineers for that, but they need to be able to characterize them so engineers can quickly come to the root cause
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Dependable – get the work/tests done
- Positive can do attitude and willing to do what it takes to meet the project goals.
- Windows 10
- Computer HW and setup
- Jira defect tracking
- Able to access file shares to load and test daily/weekly SW builds
- Capable of executing manual test plans and logging results/bugs
- Follow instructions to replicate graphics driver defects on Windows platforms, including building PCs, install driver, and other applications
- Building and installing drivers from source code database
- Working directly with software debug engineers and program managers
- Building and configuring PC hardware, SW and OS loads
- Creating Ghost* images, installing Intel and third party software
- Helping determine overall health and release readiness for the Graphics drivers
- Providing feedback and quick information turns on resolved defects, Iatest test status, engineering builds and supporting impromptu request for additional ad-hoc testing as needed
- A solid working knowledge of modern PC architecture: CPU, chipset, memory
- Capability of building PCs from scratch - Experience in installing and configuring modern PC BIOS's and Windows* operating systems for example, MCE* and XP* with a - Variety of common peripherals for example, memory, Peripheral Component Interconnect PCI cards and USB devices, and multimedia software and/or hardware
- MS office: word, excel etc
- Experience with Microsoft* SDK's*, PC benchmarks, and diagnostic utilities
- Minimum Education: AS Degree in Computers or related field of study.
- DVD Playback and/or D3D game testing/development experience is added advantage
- You will be working with a team of 7 all co-located in FM4. It is a new team and they are creating a new UI for their driver. It is a fast paced environment.