GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE (GUI) SOFTWARE ENGINEER – VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, MI
As a member of the Graphical User Interface team at Visteon, you will play a key role in designing and developing high quality embedded software for our automotive customers. You will work on delivering Instrument Clusters and Audio Infotainment head units.
This role will develop User Interfaces (UI) working closely with graphic artists, User Experience (UX) designers, system engineers and application software teams to turn customer needs into innovative products. You will design and implement software running on embedded graphics chipsets that drive high-resolution color LCD screens. You should have an understanding for the importance of rigorously designed and reliable software required for the automotive market.
To perform all tasks relative to software lifecycle:
• Review and analyze system requirements to create embedded software designs
• Implement and test software designs on a PC environment as well as on embedded target hardware
• Create, document and execute unit test procedures
• Analyze, resolve and track defects to closure
• Document design and analyze implementation decisions
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• One to three years of experience in designing and developing embedded software
• Experienced with multi-process, multi-tasking or multi-threaded based Operating Systems (QNX, Linux, …)
• Experienced with JTAG based Hardware debuggers
• Good knowledge of embedded compilers such as GCC
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Capacity to work well in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Solid fundamental computer science skills and strong programming skills in C
• Enjoyment of troubleshooting, profiling, optimizing and problem solving
• Familiar with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Microsoft Visual Studio or Eclipse
• Working knowledge of at least one issue-tracking tool (IBM Rational Clearquest, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Mozilla Bugzilla…)
• Working knowledge of at least one revision control tool (IBM Rational Team Concert or ClearCase, Apache Subversion…)
• Experience optimizing performance and memory usage on embedded systems
• Experience with Model Based Design development and Auto code generation (Mathworks Matlab Stateflow)
• Understanding of object-oriented programming concepts (C++)
• Interest in 2D graphics editing program such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Knowledge of OpenGL, OpenGL ES, OpenVG and other graphics rendering technologies
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (i.e. Overtime, Travel, etc.)
• As required to successfully perform the position functions. May involve global travel.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.