The position will also lead communication efforts for the Grants team with a focus on developing stories around qualitative and quantitative information, developing grantee impact profiles, and being a liaison with communications team to provide them with necessary grantee information on a regular basis as well as providing them with updated information for AARP Foundation’s website page for grants. Audience of the communication efforts is internal across AARP Foundation and AARP and external for potential grantees and funders.
This position reports to the Vice President of Grants & External Initiatives.
- Manages private and government grant portfolio.
- Appliesproject management skills to lead cross-functional teams to achieve grant program goals.
- Identifies external programs with competitions and analysis that align with AARP Foundation strategic objectives to evaluate and scale under the AARP Foundation umbrella.
- Provides analysis and recommendations for funding of current and potential grantees.
- Develops internal and external communications strategy in coordination with Communications team and leads implementation.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government funding agency grant officers.
- Ensures proper compliance met for all government (with a particular focus on grants from Corporation for National and Community Service) and private grants.
- Understands government grant terms and conditions and related regulations.
- Continually evaluates and updates compliance process.
- Manages with field and desk compliance audits.
- Manages scheduling and conducting on-site and desk audits; organize audit findings and follow-up associated with audit reconciliation.
- Provides technical assistance towards grant compliance.
- Manages report generation for federal grants.
- Ensures all applicable sub-grant agreements are developed according to donor requirements and policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements compliance training for national and field staff and oversees training and technical assistance to build a common understanding of program goals and all elements of compliance to ensure that programs are delivered with minimized compliance risks and optimized program delivery.
- Oversees creation of grant progress reports, monitor reports for compliance concerns, and ensure timely submission of grant progress reports.
- Sets corrective action plans if necessary, oversee/monitor progress towards corrective actions.
- Oversees regular program and grants audits to ensure integrity of program delivery and compliance with grant requirements and deliverables.
- Ensures that federal sub-grantees are compliant with all federal rules and regulations. This includes regular monitoring of program documentation and reports.
- Must exhibit the AARP Leadership Behaviors in all interactions.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience producing communications materials and web content.
- Relevant experience with grant management, program management, and/or grantmaking.
- Experience in managing teams and working across multiple departments – particularly to achieve consensus and intended project outcomes.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with digital video and audio production and editing equipment and platforms.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, and the ability to work productively in a collaborative and rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired with graduate degree in relevant subject matter (business, marketing and communications, public health, public administration, etc.) preferred.
- (7+) Seven + years of directly relevant experience in the nonprofit sector or government sector with direct grants and program management (as grant recipient and/or grant maker) experience