Grants and Claims Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Social Services
University Settlement provides a comprehensive network of services to over 25,000 people of all ages living in the Lower East Side. Its broad network of activities includes adult literacy classes, mental health counseling and intensive case management; group and family day care; support services to the formerly homeless; after-school and summer camp for children and teens; a senior center and a credit union. The Door, an affiliate of University Settlement, helps over 11,500 young people each year by empowering them to reach their potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. Partnered with The Door, Broome Street Academy Charter High School provides a unique model that will seamlessly integrate a rigorous academic curriculum and youth development services under one roof. The school hopes to serve as a national model for addressing the needs of all students, especially those in need of additional support. Together, our agencies provide an integrated continuum of comprehensive services targeted at social, mental and personal development of our program participants.
We are seeking a Grants and Claims Manager who will oversee the day-to-day supervision of the grants accounting team while maintaining and improving processes and procedures related to grants management. This person will possess a strong government grants background- city, state, and federal.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Must have a minimum of 8years of progressive grants management and accounting experience
- At least 3years’ experience supervising staff preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP, Federal, State & City regulations and nonprofit accounting requirements
- Self-directed and motivated, able to manage multiple and complex assignments and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and willing to adjust work schedule as necessary
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills; able to multi-task, strong follow-through skills and detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of accounting software programs (Intacct experiencepreferred)
- Advanced Excel skills