Under guidance, provides centralized administrative and financial support to Weill Cornell Medicine principle investigators in managing their research portfolios (both pre- and post- award activities)
- Facilitates all financialreporting requirements. Advises faculty and sponsored research accounting when reports and invoices are due.
- Assists with the preparation and development of grant budgets and budget justifications.
- Ensures compliance of departmental research effort reporting activities.
- Prepares proposal packages in consultation with principle investigators. Assists faculty with overall formatting of proposals for submission. Updates biosketches, support pages and resource & facilities forms.
- Creates financial projections, forecasts future financial scenarios and suggests alternative spending plans to principal investigators.
- Manages all grant transfers for new and departing faculty. Researches and recommends to faculty new funding opportunities.
- Processes internal paperwork for Sponsored Research Agreements and Material Transfer Agreements.
- Verifies accuracy of grant account set-ups and modifications within the financial system.
- Performs variance analysis of budgets and expenditures and resolves discrepancies. Submits requests for re-budgets with proper justifications and approvals.
- Assists faculty in the preparation of grant submissions and associated documentation, which may include just-in-time documents, progress reports, routing forms, abstracts and manuscripts.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
Approximately 5 years of related experience with grants management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience with federal and non-federal research regulations and policies, including pre- and post-award grant management is highly desired.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Standard office work