Perform several functions within a loan production office or offices. Provide management of the real estate analyst functions, high level commercial real estate mortgage loan analysis and high level analytical consultative support to the loan production staff and customers.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Manage the commercial real estate analysis function in loan production office(s).
2. Provide high level analytical support for a loan production office including the preparation of preliminary and final mortgage loan applications, submissions and documents. Assist in the underwriting, approval and closing of mortgage loan transactions.
3. Responsible for training of loan production analysts.
4. Assist corporate staff in managing the analyst functions in loan production office(s).
5. Manage the workload and quality of work of mortgage loan analysts.
6. Attend real estate industry trade functions, representing Grandbridge Real Estate Capital.
7. Read periodicals and market surveys, advising corporate and loan production staff as to current trends in commercial real estate.
8. Create and maintain real estate data files.
9. Attend meetings with borrowers and lenders to develop relationships.
10. Analyze complex real estate property and financial situations for producers, providing well-founded advice as to alternate courses of action.
11. Ability to obtain, understand and analyze data needed to prepare mortgage loan submissions from property owners, borrowers, lenders and third-party sources. Included may be leases, sales contracts, income and expense statements, surveys, property income and expense statements, borrower financial statements, articles of incorporation, partnership agreements, deeds, easements, environmental reports, property condition reports, appraisals, title policies, deeds of trust, notes, mortgage loan commitments, lender checklists, lender loan program requirements, real estate market surveys, comparable sales, overall capitalization rates, vacancy rates, prime and t-bill rates.
12. Ability to inspect properties, take digital and film photographs, make notes and maps as to the physical and economic conditions of the property, its immediate area, its neighborhood and its city.
13. Ability to interview owners, tenants, third-party report providers, requesting and obtaining information from them as needed.
14. Ability to analyze leases, historical income and expense characteristics to derive an estimate of Net Operating Income for a commercial real estate property. Included is the ability to analyze the Net Operating Income with respect to normal market income levels, stabilized vacancy rates, normalized expenses, lender's specific requirements or lender's appraisal standards.
15. Ability to analyze the borrower's legal structure and financial statements with regard to normal market parameters and the lender's requirements.
16. Ability to analyze the characteristics of the real estate with respect to industry norms and specific lender requirements.
17. Ability to prepare preliminary and final mortgage loan submissions in concert with the originating producer using Microsoft Word and Excel.
18. Understand specific lender requirements for submissions of loan package.
19. Ability to order, track and analyze appraisals, environmental and engineering studies, credit reports, Dunn & Bradstreet reports, demographic reports and other third party reports needed for the mortgage loan submission and/or closing.
20. Ability to review third-party appraisals for compliance with lender requirements and discuss findings with lender representatives.
21. Ability to track the committed transaction through the closing process, obtaining additional information from the borrower as necessary for closing.
22. Ability to interface with both borrower and lender, calling lender to obtain loan quotes. In concert with the producer, is able to take primary responsibility for the negotiation of applications, commitments and loan closing functions.
23. Understand the physical aspects of all commercial property types, typical real estate lending parameters, interest rate structures, tests of reasonableness.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Seven years as a commercial real estate analyst, broker, leasing agent or property manager or equivalent
3. Completion of the Mortgage Bankers Association's Commercial Real Estate Finance Underwriting Seminar and Courses 110, 120, and 310 of the Appraisal Institute
4. Must have earned the CCIM designation awarded by the CCIM Institute, an affiliate of the National Association of Realtors
5. Proficient with contact databases, Lotus Notes, geographical mapping programs, digital imaging, the Internet, digital and film cameras and report binding machines
6. Proficient with industry standard commercial real estate analysis programs, such as Argus
7. Highly organized
8. Ability to organize, direct and supervise others
9. High attention to detail
10. Ability to meet deadlines
11. Maturity and self-confidence to simultaneously handle a variety of assignments
12. Ability to work harmoniously with internal/external workers/customers
13. Ability to take initiative with nominal direction
14. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
15. Ability to take initiative with nominal direction
16. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
17. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master's in Business Administration or Master's degree in Finance or Real Estate