What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Achieving sales revenue and average unit value (AUV) targets for both ceilings and grid
- Being Armstrong’s expert in MRO and executing strategic market analysis that clearly defines growth opportunities within the segment (in low market penetration segments plans should be built to achieve entitled share levels)
- Identifying strategic and tactical opportunities and implementing growth initiatives based on customer requirements, market trends and environmental landscape
- Acting as a category functional expert to the customer, providing timely and appropriate product knowledge to increase customer knowledge and competence on Armstrong products
- Identifying and assisting in the development and closure of new business targets with Grainger to include Commercial and Healthcare end markets; creating a process that drives accountability at the regional field level
- Managing MRO portfolio, influencing product management team and working with operations, sourcing, quality, and finance to drive growth and profitability targets
- Effectively communicating and collaborating with all internal functions, including marketing, supply chain, new product development, sales support and customer service, to optimize sales and service and to deliver on business goals
- Managing all account maintenance needs on Grainger systems, including product data, item changes, inventory levels, E-catalog, planograms, and related marketing or merchandising information
- Ensuring that business plans, forecasts, and metrics are updated and reflect accurate information
- Providing Grainger Canada with guidance to support growth initiatives of product mix, price positioning and market competitiveness
- Developing trusting and productive relationships with all functional areas within Grainger and other key MRO accounts
- Managing departmental budgets against annual targets
- Understanding and leveraging supply chain capabilities and needs between Armstrong and the customer
- Mediating claims liability and managing prompt settlement
- Leveraging data through customer POS and internal reporting to maximize market share, sales, and profits
- Developing sound, articulate communication plans which support the segment strategy; communicating often to ensure the strategy and growth actions are clearly understood throughout the organization
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the MRO side of building materials industry, preferably working recently for a Grainger or a Big Box supplier
- 2+ years of large strategic account management
- Experience in business development and/or strategic alliance development and management
- Marketing and customer insight expertise, and/or experience with products commercialization in building products industry
- Experience in interfacing with both internal team members, external customers and industry groups
- Clear understanding and knowledge of Grainger store operations and supply chain, and the experience to leverage this knowledge to maximize sales
- Proven success in developing and fostering business relationships at Grainger
- Ability to communicate and respond effectively to customer inquiries and management
- Strong negotiations skills, excellent people skills, and ability to handle difficult situations
- Sense of urgency, customer focus, and customer retention
- Ability to analyze trends and identify opportunities for growth
- Very responsive to market, customer, and competitive landscape changes
- Comfort with data analysis and interpretation, and experience in developing and delivering presentations
- Demonstrated creativity with a keen focus on innovation; ability to think outside of the box
- Proven experience managing people, plans, and budgets
- Ability to lead groups and manage outside partner relationships
- Detail orientation and organizational skills; comfort working independently in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture as well as collaboratively in a larger corporate culture
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally across various areas of Armstrong and the customer’s organization