Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm video systems team is looking for highly motivated candidates for automotive computer vision IP development. As part of the company global automotive initiative, this is an exciting opportunity which combines cutting edge computer vision technologies, systems architecture and challenging customer issues. The job scope includes algorithm and architecture design for automotive specific computer vision solutions with power and performance optimization. The selected candidate, along with his/her colleagues and other team members, will have responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
Architects, designs, implements, verifies, and optimizes performance and power of GPU cores. Responsible for building functional modeling simulations, developing software, tools, and tests for various graphics, running benchmarks for different applications, and performing pre- and post-silicon verification to verify correctness and ensure performance and power goals are met.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Working independently with little supervision.
- Providing supervision to others who may be direct reports.
- Making decisions that are significant in impact; errors are not readily apparent due to the complexity of work process/product or time between decisions and results; errors typically result in significant expenditure of time, resources, and funds to correct.
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels; may require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
- Developing and administering budgets, schedules, and performance standards for functional area within the prescribed budgetary objectives of the department.
- Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
- Completing tasks that do not have defined steps; simultaneous use of multiple mental abilities is generally required to determine the best approach; mistakes may result in significant rework.
- Exercising substantial creativity to innovate new processes, procedures, or work products within guidelines or to achieve established objectives.
- Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
- Occasionally participating in strategic planning within own area affecting immediate operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 7+Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
- 2+ years relevant GPU experience (either external or internal).
- 2+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
- 1+ years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports (only applies to positions with direct reports).