At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
A great opportunity to join our GPU power team, working with bleeding-edge technologies to deliver world-class products to the marketplace
GPU Power Architecture and Design
· Key Responsibilities:
· Work within the graphics power team to drive power reduction effort including estimation and analysis, power targets tracking, flow setup, and methodology improvements.
· Collaborate with system architects and designers to define usecases and identify power and perf-per-watt optimizations.
· Run performance models and power tools, write scripts, analyze data, prototype power initiatives, and evaluate ROI against project goals.
· Skills and Experience Requirements:
· RTL design, simulation, synthesis, and low power design
· Masters/PhD degree in a relevant field is a plus
· Scripting language, e.g. Perl, Python, etc.
· Knowledge/Experience in power analysis tools (e.g. Ptpx, Power Artist, etc.) and Graphics pipeline is a plus.
· Strong analysis and problem solving skills, team-player, well organized, and self-driven.
· Excellent communication skills.
Requisition Number: 73157