We are now looking for an expert Hardware Applications Engineer with the ability to prioritize customer software/hardware issues, resolve customer problems and maintain good customer relation. This is a highly technical engineering support role that is responsible for providing elite support to NVIDIA's enterprise customers. We are looking for someone who has superb interpersonal skills, to understand, explain, and problem solves for customers and engineers. This position requires supporting customers using professional graphics solutions and enterprise products in workstation and server applications.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform hardware design reviews including schematic and SI reviews to ensure customer designs meet NVIDIA guidelines.
- Conduct the installation, configuration and bring-up of customer hardware.
- Work directly with our NVIDIA customers, and analyze data to answer questions, reproduce errors, resolve same, or escalate customer issues
- Be involved in customer interaction, customer communication via conference calls, or face to face meetings
- Familiarize yourself with performing hardware debug using oscilloscope and analyzers to qualify, validate and solve NVIDIA products for customer systems.
- Track, file new bugs and reproduce issues as needed
- Build hardware design guides, application notes, datasheets and other supporting technical collateral.
What we need to see:
- BS or higher in EE, CE or Systems Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Have strong analytical skills including past experience in PCB design and review.
- Professional-level interpersonal skills, including your ability to adjust your communication to the technical level of the audience.
- An innate capability to accurately and succinctly communicate procedures, results, and recommendations to customers.
- Experience with using lab tools such as oscilloscope, multi-meters and logic analyzers.
- Possess a nurtured knowledge of Linux, and be very comfortable working in various Linux environments as well as with Windows OS’s