GPO National Account Director
The GPO National Account Director's (NAD) primary responsibility is to lead and manage the corporate relationship with their assigned oncology clinic and hospital group purchasing organizations. The GPO NAD will also act as the field-facing contact for the specialty distribution company of their assigned oncology clinic GPO. In addition, the GPO NAD will have responsibility for targeting the largest oncology clinics within their assigned oncology clinic GPO. This position reports to the Executive Director, Key Accounts.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Primary interface for Coherus with assigned GPOs - the NAD is responsible for the commercial relationship between Coherus and the GPO at the national level.
- Develop and maintain relationships with GPO leadership.
- Foster relationships with key opinion leaders within the oncology clinic GPO.
- Negotiate GPO agreements.
- Lead contract negotiations, conversions, and pull-through for the largest oncology clinics within assigned oncology clinic GPO.
- Coordinate pull-through of National Account initiatives through the team selling process, including Key Account Mangers and Oncology Account Directors.
- Manage pricing and alignment issues related to assigned GPOs.
- Analyze and adjust targeting strategies based on GPO member performance.
- Communicate with commercial leadership the strategies and tactics being implemented at assigned GPOs.
- Identify GPO initiatives to support brand objectives.
- Maintain competitive market intelligence to guide pricing strategies.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with assigned GPOs, and develop targeting strategies based on these reviews.
- Manage the execution of speaker program service agreements and meeting sponsorship agreements for assigned GPOs.
- Appropriately manage GPO trade show and meeting staffing/exhibiting needs.
- Attend national, regional, GPO, and state-level meetings/trade shows as determined by commercial leadership.
- Participate and/or lead other projects as assigned by the Executive Director, Key Accounts.
- Ability to work under general direction only and independently determine approach to solutions.
- Average weekly travel will range from 60% to 80%; occasional weekend travel is required to attend and supporttrade shows.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelor’s degree. Advance degree (e.g. MBA, MPH, Pharm.D., etc.) is preferred.
- 1O+ years of healthcare sales and/or marketing experience
- Institutional (IDN, hospital) and oncology clinic experience
- Existing relationships with oncology clinic GPO leadership, GPO field leadership, and oncology clinic GPO key opinion leaders
- Solid understanding of the current environment and trends in community oncology practices, including alternative payment models
- Large account management experience
- Injectable / buy-and-bill (Part B) experience
- Working knowledge of 340(b)
- District management experience.
- Demonstrated experience of oncology clinic and IDN executive level interactions
- Ability to navigate successfully through clinic reimbursement discussions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including networking, influencing, negotiation, presentation, and written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a focus on influencing and leading without authority
- Excellent business acumen skills with an ability to analyze, interpret, and draw insights from financial-related information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple competing priorities
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint