This is a sales position that exists to drive business value of LexisNexis Advanced Government products and solutions in an assigned territory or industry specific vertical resulting in increased revenue, new customer acquisitions and expanded market share. It is anticipated that you will insure and grow this revenue stream via expert strategic deployment of resources and spearhead the penetration of LexisNexis Advanced Government Solutions into Government agencies through the enterprise within your assigned territory or industry vertical. A major focus of the position is to ensure organizational value with meaningful business benefits to the major customers in the territory or vertical with a Tier 1 solutions sales orientation. This must be coupled with strong executive relationships and sponsorships at these customers.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual revenue objectives.
- Develop and implement plans which identify sales strategies, assess revenue potential, and outline targeted activities to maximize revenue opportunities and penetrate market with LexisNexis Advanced Government Solutions (LNAGS) through clear and thorough business plans for each of the assigned accounts detailing all relevant information about an account, its industry, and its specific LexisNexis Risk Management history so that you can strategically target your efforts to determine additional product or solutions LexisNexis Risk Management can provide.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships at all levels, and direct sales support resources to our customers in order to provide superior service and solutions.
- Create and implement effective business plans for the territory plans that include; developing and implementing a sales strategy considering new business growth for strategic solutions, identifying and quantifying the business value metrics associated to driving increased revenue for key segments in the territory, managing all resources necessary to drive new business; forecasting revenue, maintaining a pipeline that is both balanced and equivalent to 3 times the monthly incremental revenue objectives at any point in time; developing key contacts and business relationships within a new account including influential individual and high level decision makers.
- Develop research analysis techniques to determine customer prospects that LNAGS products and solutions can meet prospective customer business needs.
- Contact these prospects and determine the business needs, decision makers to penetrate new business relationships.
- Develop strategic sales plan using business analysis tools to identify and track revenue trends, recognize sales opportunities, target specific sales activities, and analyze competitive threats.
- Understand the value of LNAGS products and pricing as well as competitive offerings and articulate LNAGS benefits in a manner meaningful, relevant and with economic business value to a customer.
- BS/BA or equivalent.
- 7-10 years proven sales experience. Work experience in the professional sales environment serving Government customers is desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills. Strong organizational and forecasting skills.
- Understanding of the Government customer, their challenges, procurement and bids process and have the ability to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of LexisNexis Risk Management products and services and how they apply to the customers needs.
- Demonstrate outstanding networking capabilities and exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, and technical (PC and applications) knowledge.
- Able to set strategy and direct a team, accomplishing mutual team goals.
- This position requires travel which includes overnight travel.