Protiviti Government Services Senior Consultant
Protiviti Government Services (“Protiviti”), based in Alexandria, Virginia, is looking for an experienced information security controls assessor to help our clients comply with emerging security standards. The consultant will conduct cybersecurity assessments to detect and identify weaknesses in the security posture of an organization's information technology environment (platforms, applications, infrastructure, etc.). The assessor will blend with a team of Protiviti cybersecurity experts to produce high quality and impactful gap analyses, and meaningful remediation plans for our clients.
General Knowledge & Skills:
- NIST SP 800-53 security controls expert
- Working knowledge of information security control frameworks including NIST 800-series (beyond 800-53), ISO, COBIT, etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience in conducting FISMA or FedRAMP assessments
- Experience developing recommendations and action plans to reduce, mitigate, and/or remediate the impact of identified vulnerabilities.
- Proven ability to communicate policy, physical and operational impacts to information system changes
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner
- Credentialed as a CISSP, CCSK, Security+ or CISA
- Must be willing to travel up to more than 50% of the time
Nice to have:
- Clearance at Secret or Top Secret levels
- Experience as an ISSO within the U.S. Federal government