General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Government Regulatory Compliance Specialist within our Financial Controls team in Poway, Ca. This position under very limited supervision is for a team member to ensure the company follows government regulations. In addition, this team member must have high-level analytical skills to compile large volumes of data from multiple sources to support financial analyses and other projects. This individual would collaborate across functions and project teams to deliver solutions to business challenges. Also, would recommend areas for process improvements A successful team member must be adaptable and flexible to constant changing business requirements in both a technical and non-technical environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages company compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Parts 30, 31, and 32, DFARS, as well as contractual terms and conditions.
- Provides guidance on issues of compliance with government rules, regulation and oversight. Participates in the development and modification of accounting/financial policies, procedures, and practices to ensure the accounting/finance and cost control activities meet overall business objectives and required regulatory standards.
- Liaises with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA). Prepares responses to DCAA and DCMA inquiries and reports.
- Evaluates accounting entries for compliance with statute and regulation. Interacts with management, analyzes and plans accounting treatments while considering the overall company objectives.
- Considers and proposes recommendations about existing and future accounting practices, changes and associated cost impacts.
- Provides accounting, financial analysis, cost accounting and/or budgeting support for assigned business unit(s) or program(s)/project(s).
- Develops supportable company positions for the proper accounting and/or estimating practices in compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Identifies financial issues, recommends solutions and manages corrective action to any financial inconsistencies May review contracts and proposals, ensuring that proposal pricing is correct, that required financial data is auditable and presented in accordance with proposal requirements, are in accordance with company disclosed accounting practices and cash flow have been analyzed and approved.
- Ensures business excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, selection, retention, and development of required professional talent within the department.
- Participates with management in the development and implementation of annual and long-term financial and strategic business objectives for the company.
- May act as primary contact with managers and customers concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications. May conduct briefings and financial updates for internal and external representatives.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Managers a number of staff and maintain high levels of productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline and ten or more years of progressively complex experience in finance/accounting. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have experience in a commercial manufacturing or government contractor environment. Aerospace/Defense manufacturing experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Must demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of industry and government cost accounting principles, theories and concepts and a complete and thorough knowledge of cost accounting practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must have ability to research and interpret regulatory compliance matters, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Agency supplements, including Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Must be able to resolve complex management and finance/accounting problems; serve as team lead on projects and/or programs; and be an expert in one or more finance/accounting management areas.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Capable of interfacing objectively with people at all levels and all functions within the organization including Sales, Operations, Contracts, Finance, Program Management, Senior and Top Corporate Management.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to design executive level presentations and reports to aid in decision-making purposes.
- Understanding of US GAAP preferred but not required.
- Advanced experience with complex financial spreadsheets and formulas.
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP accounting systems (e.g., SAP) preferred.