Government Programs Manager - Rapidly-Growing Software Engineering Firm - Phoenix AZ
Rapidly-growing software engineering firm seeks Government Programs Manager to join their team in Phoenix, AZ.
The Government Programs Manager (GPM) will manage and grow relationships with current clients who depend on Company for embedded software engineering and testing solutions and services to deliver for government programs with NASA, FAA, DoD and other agencies.
This is a hybrid role of managing programs and resources, with a touch of uncovering new opportunities from clients and their current projects and initiatives (through team management). There are Account Managers who are tasked with the sales piece, your job is to work with them and oversee your project team and overall client success. This role is focused on protecting the client/project relationships currently in place.
GPM will oversee efforts of company?s engineers working on each government program, managing deliverables to client, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget. GPM will be responsible for managing and building/adding to a sustainable team as necessary, as well as communicating team performance, engagement/fit with client?s needs, issues and resolutions with both client and Company.
Position reports to VP of Sales and Marketing
Location: Phoenix, AZ
- GPM will be a key leader in company!
- Opportunity to help grow and craft company process and shape
- Exponential growth opportunity for those successful at above
- Well established company reputation in Aerospace and Defense (growing into other areas such as Med/Tech, autonomous vehicles, etc!)
- Working with some of the biggest and best engineering clients in the world, solving some of the most complex and safety/mission-critical challenges
- Company has more than 25years of experience and success, strong reputation
- Exposure into cutting-edge technologies and practices
- 30% YOY Company Growth
- >5years of Program/Project Management leadership
- 5-10 years in Software Engineering or related technical field
- Experience managing delivery of tasks within large Government Programs over multi-year engagements (with knowledge of how Gov programs work/process of engagement)
- Should have some experience managing major accounts, understanding client-facing side
- (Regional) ability to travel up to 25-50%
- Accountability for team results
- Strong client-facing presence and communication skills
- Ability to extract/understand Client business issues and articulate solutions to client and Company
*Managing an existing run-rate of $10M
$90k-$130k base salary, $180k-$225k on target earnings (includes company performance bonus)