It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As Director of Government Programs, you will be leading the effort to evolve our platform and products to meet the future of international privacy, security and compliance expectations. You will be responsible for managing certification projects for all Proofpoint products going through certifications. You will also be an expert on global industry regulations related to cybersecurity across Federal, State and Local government agencies. You will build a compelling narrative to showcase how Proofpoint helps our customers meet emerging regulatory and compliance requirements. You will drive go-to-market messaging and activities around certifications and regulations in the above industry verticals.
You will be responsible for driving the vision, strategy and requirements necessary and to translate them into functional specifications. You will play a critical role in driving Proofpoint's business and growth in Federal, State and Local government verticals. Your objectives will be linked to metrics such as achieving and maintaining certifications, customer and field feedback, and ensuring our products stay ahead of the curve on regulations, security technologies and processes..
A successful candidate for this role will have strong leadership, project management, organizational and interpersonal skills. You will work closely with senior level product managers, program managers, product and information security, IT, customer support, sales leaders, legal as well as external agencies, consultants and certification labs to manage complex certification projects to success.
- Lead overall coordination, execution, and completion of various certification projects, working closely with product managers, other internal teams and external entities including government agencies, labs and consultants.
- Develop thought leadership and sales enablement content to demonstrate how Proofpoint platform and products help customers meet FedRAMP, CJIS and other regulatory requirements.
- Lead efforts to add Proofpoint to additional Public Sector contract vehicles such as GSA, and other State and Local requirements.
- Write security whitepapers and lead webinars outlining how Proofpoint products can be used in heavily regulated industries
- Represent Proofpoint as the security and compliance regulations expert at conferences and with customers, field representatives, executives, industry experts/analysts, partners and auditors
- Facilitate and manage certification projects: schedule plans, timelines, estimate work effort, identify stakeholders, develop and track project milestones, uncover and track dependencies, identify and manage risk items & critical path items, drive stakeholders for timely deliverables, update and manage certification dashboards and internal status communications
- Coordinate and run certification related meetings on a regular basis to ensure cross-functional teams are aligned with priorities, action items, owners, deliverables and schedules
- Explore ways to organize content and streamline content management across different cert projects
- Identify ways to improve time to market of certification projects and resolve issues surrounding conflicting resources and timelines among competing projects
- Raise appropriate visibility to management when needed
- Develop deep relationships with cross-functional teams
- Participate in planning new certification projects
- Collaborate with other business functions to ensure resource needs to deliver against the certification roadmap are planned accordingly
- BS degree required, MBA or Master's Degree preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- Prior work experience with certifications such as FedRAMP, CJIS, SOC 2, ISO, Common Criteria, FIPS, and other global certs is a major plus
- Prior experience obtaining contract certifications such as GSA and other state or local vehicles is also a major plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to focus when multiple priorities demand attention is a must.
- Strong desire to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion, drive to identify unique and improved ways to meet the project needs
- Be a critical thinker able to distill complicated topics into clear and concise communications
- Engage in direct conversations and negotiations with Product Managers, senior and executive leadership
- Be able to present and defend opinions internally to management and executive leadership
- Must be hands-on in style and approach to working - Experience in using Jira, Confluence or other project management tools is highly desirable
- Be able to organize, lead and influence teams who do not directly report to you
- Experience managing projects in both SaaS and traditional product arenas and services
- Experience working with cross-functional business and technical teams in managing large complex projects
- Ability to take high level ambiguous information and turn it into solidified detailed plans that drive results.
- Publish metrics and reports to accurately track progress of projects
- Understand the challenges of working in distributed environment with multiple teams working on different problems
- Curious, positive, "can-do" and transparent attitude is very critical for success
- Assertive yet open, thoughtful, respectful, and easy to work with; Unafraid to take charge, ask hard questions, manage distractions confidently yet respectfully and drive to goals
- Strong ability to work with minimum supervision
- Prior work experience in an enterprise security company and/or familiarity with security highly desired
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!