WPS Health Solutions - Bring your Career to Light! Visit our website and apply today! We look forward to receiving your application soon!
WPS Government Health Administrators (WPS GHA) has served Medicare beneficiaries since 1966, providing almost 50 years of service to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Medicare program. Our mission is to provide service and value considered by our customers to be the very best. We remain committed to providing the best in service to Medicare beneficiaries and providers through emphasis on uncompromising business ethics and long-term sustained performance excellence. It has long been our goal to serve our Medicare customers more effectively while lowering our costs and improving productivity.
WPS GHA currently serves:
- Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) Jurisdiction 5 (J5) - providing both Part A and Part B Medicare benefit administration for Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska, as well as Part A Medicare benefit administration for J5 National providers
- MAC Jurisdiction 8 (J8) - providing both Part A and Part B Medicare benefit administration for Indiana and Michigan
- As a subcontractor for other CMScontracts
Some important facts to know about the WPS GHA division include:
- Winner of the - previously won in 2011
- Performs in the top tier of Medicare contractors as measured by CMS evaluations of operating performance
- Ranks in the top tier of Medicare contractors for system security posture as measured by CMSaudits - invited to speak at CMS2015 system security conference to share best practices with other Medicare contractors
- Is ISO9001-2008 certified
- Serves more than 140,000 providers and over 6.6 million Medicare beneficiaries
Learn more about WPS GHA
This job provides direction and leadership to operational unites ensuring all Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) contractual requirements are met.
Characteristics and Responsibilities
Leadership and Personnel Management (55%)
- Lead operations and technology departments within Government Health Administration (GHA) division to meet all CMScontract requirements and standards.
- Develop and monitor staff to ensure skill levels meet or exceed current job requirements.
- Provide oversight to management team to ensure necessary tools and resources are available.
- Ensure WPS meets CMS system security requirements. Participate in audits related to systems and operations.
- Prepare budget documents, projections, and productivity needs to ensure alignment of resource needs with budget levels.
- Problem-solve situations for effective solutions.
- Make decisions as needed to ensure efficient daily operations.
- Prepare overall GHA project needs for budget
- Participate in strategic planning to determine objectives and ensure plans are meeting set objectives.
- Develop contracts and work requirements for partners.
- Drive and maintain consistency towards GHA strategic plan.
- Develop and implement the GHA Information Technology (IT) Strategy Annual plan.
- Develop new business proposals.
Customer Relationship Management (15%)
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with CMS and partners.
- Monitor resolution of identified issues and appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Provide support to corporate initiatives beyond GHA division.
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible business experience, which includes 7 or more years of proven leadership/managerial experience
- Proven experience in building strong collaborative teams in a dynamic culture
- Strong experience in identifying efficiency gaps and implementing process improvement solutions to correct those gaps
- Experience in planning and overseeing a budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Information Technology or related field; OR equivalent post high school education and/or workrelated experience in relevant management or technology field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities