Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
Due to the continued growth of our Government Contracting Advisory Services Practice, we are currently interviewing Directors for our Tysons, VA Office. Our Government Contract Consulting Practice is comprised of professionals who are Certified Public Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Fraud Examiners, former industry leaders and contract experts who have the technical expertise to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet the needs and offer solutions to our clients. Our leadership team speaks and publishes frequently on critical issues facing government contractors, and serve in a leadership capacity in a number of professional organizations. Within our Government Contracts practice there are some individuals focused on working with Life Sciences companies (biopharmaceuticals and medical devices) selling in the government space, and we are looking for a senior-level individual to help expand and grow that specific practice area.
As a leader in one of the nation’s preeminent government contract consulting practice, you will work with a select group of professionals aligned, in an entrepreneurial environment, to provide life sciences clients service offerings that span all stages of the government contracting lifecycle to include:
- FAR/CAS/OMB Circular Consultation
- DCAA/OIG Audit Support
- Compliance Program Development
- Pricing Strategy and Proposal Preparation
- VA and GSA Federal Supply Schedule Proposals, Pricing, and Audit Support
- Non-FAMP calculations
- Consulting on Supplemental Contracting Options (National Contracts, BPAs, DAPAs, etc.)
- Federal Market Access Campaigns
- Contract Management Services
- Fraud Investigations/Forensic Accounting
- Litigation / Dispute / Expert Testimony Services
- Assume responsibility for all project phases and work directly with clients in accomplishing project objectives.
- Deliver exceptional client service in all client interactions and projects.
- Communicate effectively, both internally and to clients, including those at an executive level.
- Work closely with management to develop new business.
- Apply insights and knowledge of government contracting compliance issues and processes to enable clients to solve complex business problems.
- Develop and execute methodologies and solutions specific to life sciences companies operating in the government marketplace.
- Manage day-to-day project activities; establish appropriate leverage on project teams and assign/manage project responsibilities to team members.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and performance counseling to consultants, clients and project team members.
- Balance client, new business development and practice development activities, including active participation in internal projects and operations along with complying with firm standards.
- Contribute to the general management of the Consulting Practice and develop and implement a personal plan which sets goals for professional and practice development.
Strong candidates are proven leaders with a combination of government contract accounting, finance, contract management or compliance background in a professional services firm.
- An undergraduatedegree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience with FAR, VAAR, GSAR and and other federal procurement regulations.
- Claims/Dispute Resolutions and VA experience.
- Knowledge of the federal health systems, their decision making process related to contracting and pricing for pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Previous experience in a professional services environment working directly with life sciences clients.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Strong project management and facilitation skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Ability to travel to client sites when necessary.