Government and Public Sector - Assurance Services Manager
The opportunity Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team is growing exponentially, and as a Manager you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working across all industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative, strategic goals both internally and externally. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations.
Your key responsibilities
The nature of this role means no two projects will be the same. That means you’ll need to think on your feet and challenge existing practices to develop answers to complex issues. You’ll also be collaborating with colleagues across multiple service lines, so we’ll look to you to build relationships and identify opportunities for our clients to benefit from our knowledge in other areas. Regular travel will be required as you will be meeting with key clients, some of those being the most respected in their fields.
Skills and attributes for success
- Consulting with clients on complex accounting issues
- Collaborating with partners, senior managers and clients to influence strategy, balancing risk and client expectations
- Ensuring our Engagement team thoroughly understands our clients’ unique needs, ambitions and expectations
- Building relationships with colleagues across multiple service lines to provide seamless integrated service
- Managing performance and identifying opportunities to improve our products and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher.
- A bachelor's degree, CPA certification and 5 to 8 years work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm
- Relevant experience in: Information assurance, Information security, Risk Management, IT and application controls, leading standards (e.g. COSO, ERM, FISCAM, FISMA, NIST), IT technologies (e.g. Window, UNIX, Oracle, Mainframe), preparing written or verbal materials, working within a team
- Strong technical writing skills and advanced risk management knowledge
- A deep understanding of the marketplace, as well as commonly used terminology, processes and tools
- A proven record of excellence when managing, mentoring and improving a team of high-performing colleagues
- The confidence to research and resolve emerging client issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A master's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related discipline
- Auditexperience in a large firm
What we look for: We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical accounting experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers: We offer a competitivecompensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and up to 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed tosupport your physical,financialand social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About EY As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.