The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It’s what’s keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you’re ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.
A successful Government Affairs Manager will act on behalf of Marvell Government Solutions with various legislative and governmental agencies. MGS’s Government Affairs Manager will focus on the semiconductor industry sector as it relates to the US government & associated industrial affiliates. This candidate is expected to represent MGS interests in discussions/negotiations at the federal and state levels and pursue and facilitate smooth implementation of the MGS offering. This includes timely approvals of Principle Agreements, sub-Agreements, Documents of Understanding and other permissions. In addition, this representative is expected to stay abreast of current USG legislation, policy proposals, publications, requests for solicitation of papers, industry conferences or OTA’s that fit within MGS’ mission.
- Develop, maintain and facilitate MGS relationships with government officials, industry leaders, advocacy groups, external organizations, and stakeholders to achieve MGS goals.
- Leverage pre-existing relationships as well as facilitate partnerships with additional industry organizations and coalitions to achieve company goals. · Analyze and monitor legislation, regulations, policy proposals and political activity relating to issues that may impact MGS
- Promote MGS’s work and raise MGS’s brand externally.
- Proactively coordinate and advocate on MGS’s behalf with state and federal officials to ensure that the desired outcomes for activities are achieved.
- Accompany the General Manager, Directors and other senior staff to meetings with government officials and facilitate all MGS related preparation in advance of and follow up after those meetings.
- Identify, contribute & assure MGS participation in key conferences, papers or industry gatherings · Lead on development and submission of papers, progress reports and reporting of relevant progress, including Principal Agreement, Sub-Agreements, and other periodic reports.
- Ensure active follow-up on outstanding applications filed with various offices and respond to queries from authorities in a timely manner.
- Work with government agencies and regulators to secure all required authorizations and permissions to facilitate smooth implementation of MGS offerings.
- Become familiar and stay current with all government requirements applicable to MGS’s work in the semiconductor sector.
- Support programs, field management and drive grant request activities
- In close cooperation with legal counsel, identify and share new policies and procedures to create awareness of requirements among senior staff and support compliance.
- Ensure senior MGS staff are aware of and understand any concerns of government officials regarding MGS operations, and that such concerns are addressed timely and factored into communication strategy.
- Ensure all correspondence with the government is in line with MGS policies and records are retained in organized manner.
- Participate in grants opening meetings to understand the concept of the respective program.
- Frequently travel to Washington to manage, support and educate the government officials if not a current resident.
- Prepare and share regular progress reports with internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of seven to ten years current and relevant experience in government affairs or at a major trade association with significant direct lobbying experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships with members of Congress, Federal agencies and other government and community leaders;
- Significant knowledge of federal legislation, regulatory process and policy developments;
- Demonstrated outstanding strategic planning, communication and presentation skills;
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred) in science, law, government or public policy
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills, with a demonstrated ability to interact and influence all levels of business
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, well-organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and develop innovative solutions