PPGA Packaging Regulation Advocacy Director
PepsiCo's strength is its people. Winning together is all about respect for one another's unusual traits, backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Our teams reflect the diversity of our customers and our communities, breaking down barriers and winning awards.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. As a global food and beverage company with brands that stand for quality and are respected household names, we are committed to Winning with Purpose; pushing to be best and fully committed to the people we share the planet with.
Are you ready to explore PepsiCo and be part of this iconic multinational? Seize the day for real life on the job Learning? Enjoy some flexibility that will ensure you are balancing your personal and professional life?
Our employees are at the heart of PepsiCo. Through our dedication to Talent Sustainability, we continue to support the development of employees. A possibility, our employment brand, reinforces our dedication to our people; enabling them to reach new heights in their careers and becoming truly extraordinary talents. PepsiCo is universally recognized as one of the best companies in the world for leadership development.
What you'll do:
As the PPGA Packaging Regulation Advocacy Director for LATAM, you will be responsible for addressing a specific and meaningful gap in our PPGA coverage across the sectors. As the packaging agenda (fueled by issues of high waste, plastics, ocean pollution, etc.) becomes more prominent through both public pressure and increasing regulatory controls coming from developed markets, it's critical that PepsiCo is prepared to represent in this area by:
- Supporting the businesses by leading regulatory and consumer/reputational risks related to packaging.
- Helping to strengthen PepsiCo's reputation as a leader on sustainable packaging and maintain that leadership position over time.
- Leading external engagement on packaging policy, actively communicate PepsiCo's sustainable packaging positions and strategy, and advocate for efficient packaging regulations that are cost effective and deliver strong environmental outcomes.
- Supporting implementation of PepsiCo's global packaging strategy within the sectors, encouraging efficiency through cross-sector and cross-business alignment and standard methodology.
- Supporting the Sector and Global PPGA teams on related public policy and sustainability issues such as water governance, agricultural supply chain standards, and climate change policy.
The main responsibilities are:
- Within the Public Policy & Government Affairs (PPGA) function, serve as LATAM Sector Leader supporting the work of PPGA and business colleagues in the markets and help PepsiCo achieve its vision and goals in terms of sustainable packaging.
- Represent the company before public officials/regulators and in external forums on critical packaging issues for the industry. Participate in industry coalitions, negotiate industry positions/policies and help build consensus consistent with our corporate view.
- Use PepsiCo's packaging initiatives and global network of partnerships/associations to help drive sustainable solutions at the market level within Latin America and bring to bear external memberships and forums to gauge industry action and identify standard methodologies to inform company strategy.
- Position the company to ensure that its sustainable packaging initiatives are widely understood, our reputation is enhanced in public forums, and support relevant media outreach.
- Maintain strong interaction and internal coordination with the Global Public Policy team as well as relevant Subject Matter Experts at both local and global levels, including Communications, Sustainability, Operations, Procurement and Legal functions, reviewing and prioritizing issues, setting strategies and devising action plans to address packaging policy issues.
- With respect to other leading sustainability policy matters, such as water governance, agricultural supply chain standards and climate change policy, identify emerging trends within the LATAM Sector. Work with Finance, Strategy, Sustainability and other departments to help evaluate how they impact the company, recommend specific mitigation plans in key markets, and guide and support execution of these mitigation plans, identifying service providers, NGO partners and other key partners.
- Help build internal packaging/sustainability expertise among other PepsiCo practitioners.
What you'll bring:
- Strong knowledge of packaging issues, specifically as they relate to regulatory policy trends and developments, including an understanding of and ability to speak on leading approaches to packaging regulation
- Must have 10+ years of relevant experience, including experience in a company, trade association and/or consulting/research group. Must have some experience with governments and how they operate and knowledge of the policy-making process
- Must be willing to travel internationally and operate in different countries
- Strong leadership skills to set and drive an agenda, including ability to prioritize a range of complex issues and adapt quickly
- Ability to build relationships, manage collaboration, and develop and manage coalitions
- Strong negotiation skills to manage external and internal partners
- Ability to communicate (written and oral) on critical issues with senior management, policymakers and leading NGOs, including writing ability to develop policies and frame issues
- Must have ability to work independently and efficiently with little supervision
- Willingness to learn and expand into key public policy areas.
- Master's degree in public policy or environmental policy or equivalent preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At PepsiCo, every day is an adventure and an opportunity for personal and professional growth! Apply today and discover the possibilities at PepsiCo!