Eaton’s Aerospace Group is seeking a Government Accounting Manager to be based out of our Irvine, CA, Los Angeles, CA or Fort Worth, TX facility.
The Aerospace Group Government Accounting Manager will ensure compliance with government regulations and standards, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS) and the US Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). This position will be responsible for: a) developing forward pricing rate proposals in compliance with government accounting regulations and standards, b) interfacing with Government auditors on forward pricing rates, business systems, and CAS compliance activities, c) developing Government accounting and pricing capability throughout Eaton Aerospace, d) supporting the development and maintenance CAS Disclosure Statements, e) providing training on government accounting-related requirements to other Eaton Aerospace employees and f) monitoring FAR unallowable cost reporting, Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) compliance, and compliance with Eaton’s labor reporting procedures, including managing corrective action plans where gaps or non-compliances exist. Essential Responsibilities:
- Review Aerospace site accounting practices, procedures, and related internal controls to ensure the compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS), US Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and other Business Systems requirements.
- Lead the preparation and support negotiation of all Aerospace forward pricing rates and incurred costs claims, as applicable
- Work closely with accounting and pricing staff to ensure that forward pricing rate submissions and contract proposals utilize current, accurate and complete cost or pricing data.
- Monitor and report on internal control gaps and associated corrective action plans
- Interface with Government auditors on accounting matters and serve as primary point of contact for DCAA and DCMA audit and inquiry matters
- Maintain effective records to support Government audits and fact finding. Drafts and coordinates review of responses to Government requests for records
- Assist in delivering training programs to assure that company personnel have the job knowledge to fulfill obligations imposed by Government/contracts accounting and business system requirements.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of US Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) Disclosure Statements and management of related administration requirements
- Assist in the monitorship of Eaton’s labor/time reporting procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5years of government accounting/financeexperience within the Aerospace or Defense industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Irvine, CA, Los Angeles, CA or Forth Worth, TX facility will be considered.
- ERP/manufacturing system experience
- Previous government oversight liaison experience
- Oracle, Hyperionexperience
- Experience working across multiple plants
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently within a matrixed organizational structure with a minimal level of supervision
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Government cost accounting requirements and standards and forward pricing bid rate/pricing proposal practices.
- Working knowledge of advanced accounting and ERP systems.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 044910