Governance Support and Consulting Team Lead - Operational Risk Consultant 4
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Services and Operations group is a key component to the on-going success of Wells Fargo Advisors. The group provides for the service, transaction and technical foundation upon which all of Wells Fargo Advisors’ business functions operate; and does so in a manner that continually improves the firm’s competitive advantage. As a part of the Services and Operations group, the Governance Support and Consulting team is responsible for the development, maintenance and support of frameworks and strategies to support governance, risk and compliance efforts for the group at large. These frameworks and strategies are developed and implemented with a mindset towards fostering a common risk culture and promoting a consistent approach towards risk assessment and risk management within Services and Operations.
As a member of the Governance Support and Consulting team (“GSC”), the Operational Risk Consultant 4 will:
- Lead efforts to develop and enhance programs that foster a consistent approach to risk management across Services and Operations.
- Identify and champion other areas and subject matters where the GSC team can provide value.
- Work with and influence senior members of Services and Operations leadership, in coordination with other GSC team members, with the overall goal of developing best-in-class governance structures and risk management frameworks.
The success of the position will be dependent upon the Consultant’s ability to utilize his or her existing knowledge of risk assessment and management, supplemented with additional research, to create a level of subject matter expertise and ensure appropriateness of the structures and frameworks being developed and maintained.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- 6+ years of audit, audit process, and audit plan management experience
- 6+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management or compliance methods
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, accounting concepts, controls, and methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of risk assessments documentation development
- Experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements which may include workflows, process maps, or business processes
- Ability to identify risks and propose mitigation plans
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of brokerage industry/operations
- A Master's degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Big four public accounting experience
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources