Location: Remote, USA-based only
Travel Required : 20 - 25%
Work Authorizations: USC, GC
We're looking for a GCP Systems Architect for a Google Cloud Platform Solution Practice team. In this senior-level role as the Cloud SME, you'll be a valuable member of our client's Google Cloud Platform Solution Practice in North America. You'll be responsible for the design and development of next-generation hybrid cloud platform solutions, and for supervising their implementation across different clients and engineering teams, ensuring that industry best practices are incorporated. You will also travel to client sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and enrich clients’ knowledge.
- Architectural design of holistic Cloud ecosystems with a focus on Google Cloud Platform capabilities and features.
- Architectural design of Production, Staging/QA, and Development Infrastructures running as 24/7 environments.
- Robust and consistent Cloud Strategy design aligned with business objectives.
- Provide guidelines for infrastructure migration approaches and techniques including numerous applications migrations into the cloud and implementation of hybrid cloud solutions within regulated enterprise environments.
- Evangelize Cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive Cloud Adoption.
- Ability to travel 20-25% , or as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology. Masters degree a plus.
- Google Cloud Architect Certification + 8-10 years of recent experience. In-depth Cloud (GCP) experience is a MUST
- Ability to quickly establishing connections and credibility to address business needs via design, and operate cloud-based architectures.
- Infrastructure background is Mandatory.
- Candidates with both Infrastructure and DevOps experience highly preferred
- Strong written, verbal and mock-up skills.
- Experience in Agile or PMI methodology managed projects is a plus
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures required
- Experience in platform and cloud migrations, including migration factory required
- Work experience with geographically distributed teams and offshore models.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect Certification is REQUIRED
- Implementation experience with identity management and networking segmentation in GCP across multiple VPC networks and multiple projects.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of distributed version control systems like Git.
- Extensive experience with DevOps techniques and processes related to cloud solutions. CI/CD tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, GCP Deployment Manager.
- Broad knowledge of troubleshooting approaches and driving-to-resolution technical integration issues across various platforms.
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of hybrid environments with operating systems that belong to Windows and *nix families, MS SQL Server and Oracle Database.
- Strong understanding of concepts and experience with StackDriver and other cloud-based monitoring tools including application level and logging.
- Creation of automated tooling for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes.
- Experience in architecting and running consumer-facing applications in a hybrid, multi-cloud environment.
- Experience with performance testing and tuning.
- Experience with GCP based security hardening including IAM, ACL, firewall rules, data traffic encryption.