This role is only open to those legally able to work in Canada with preference given to those already here.
Location: North York (off Yonge St, connected to subway)
Industry: Fintech Company (not one of the big banks)
Seniority: Strong Intermediate to Senior level
Role: Full time with benefits, also have RRSP matching & bonus
Client went on GCP last year, you'll be supporting close to 100 developers and lots of new projects coming in. They're looking for a solid DevOps (some SRE exp is nice to have) with production exp working in GCP.
You'll be driving implementation of core cloud infrastructure components and infrastructure/platform for cloud-native applications, create tools and services that serve the Engineering teams
You will work on building cloud-native and hybrid infrastructure through Infrastructure as Code, create toolsets and services the delivery of applications and infrastructure components. Some of these components include container orchestration platforms (Google Kubernetes Engine or OpenShift), container provisioning engines, configuration and secrets management, stand up / provisioning Terraform modules and others.
DevOps Engineer responsibilities include:
- Champion "Production Quality" and create cutting edge cloud infrastructure through Infrastructure-as-Code and automation
- Build and improve cloud infrastructure self-service tooling that powers our internal platform used by hundreds of developers
- Lead and participate in technical discussions to aid system design, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Help engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release scalable, resilient and high available cloud-native applications quickly
- 2+ years Devops experience with GCP
- You have deep understanding of Cloud computing concepts and solutions including public, private, hybrid cloud
- You have hands-on experience with container technologies, like Docker runtime and Kubernetes orchestration. Knowledge of Google Kubernetes Engine or OpenShift is nice to have
- You have experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloud Deployment Manager
- You have the ability to write clean code in one of the following languages: Python, Golang, Bash
- You have a good understanding of Cloud Security, specifically IAM Roles & Policies, Security Groups and Encryption keys
- You have exposure or familiarity to Linux Operating system administration and a good understanding of Linux fundamentals like signals, scheduling, filesystems
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault or other secrets management approaches is a nice to have
- You have experience in building systems in a microservice environment. Understanding the basic building blocks of a resilient and scalable software
- You have excellent organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to write clear technical documentatio