Role: Google Cloud Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
Relevant Experience (Yrs): 5+ years' experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems on Public Cloud (Google Cloud Platform)
· Working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
· Experience hosting an application on GCP using Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud SQL, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage.
· Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations and it's impact on Pricing.
· Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, Virtual Private Cloud, LoadBalancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, etc.
· Proficient in a modern scriptinglanguage (preferably Python) for automation of build tasks.
· Knowledge of Application Monitoring using Google Stackdriver
· Experience with Big Data on GCP – BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Dataproc, Dataflow
· Prior experienceworking with: container technology such as Docker, version control systems (Github), build management and CI/CD tools (Concourse, Jenkins), and monitoring tools (App Dynamics, etc.)
· Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet and Chef.
· Unix/Linux power user
· Prefer Google Cloud Certified candidates
Roles & Responsibilities
The Google Cloud Engineer will be responsible for:
· Plan, Configure, Deploy and Operate a cloud solution
· Configure access and security.
· Ensure Performance standards by configuring Auto-Scaling Solution to meet varying Load requirements.
· Automating the build and configuration of IaaS based solutions in Google Cloud Platform
· Deliver Proof of Concepts for new Solutions on Cloud
· Good written/Oral Communication, Presentation, Interactive skills with team across geography.
· Works well under pressure and meets deadline.
· Flexible to work either independently or with team.