GNC Software Developer
Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
Supplier shall develop SLS Upper Stage simulations to support integration and testing of the stage. Supplier’s simulations shall also be able to support Flight Software Testing by NASA. Supplier shall assist with detailed design and development of thrust vector control, navigation, reaction control, main propulsion fluids, and other simulations critical to SLS EUS flight.
Supplier shall perform software development testing tasks in support of the program, including, but not limited to:
- Analysis of Guidance Navigation & Control (GNC) solutions including thrust vector control, navigation, GPS aided navigation, star tracking, and use of reaction control systemsSimulation development for GNC systems and manned space vehicles
- Simulation development for lunar and interplanetary missions
- Simulation of thermal systems
- Simulation of fluid systems
- SW integration along with resolution of issues
- Support of product and HW test
Minimum technical skills required to satisfactorily perform the above tasking would require:
- Project Engineer (1 EP):
- BS or advanced degree in chemical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering, computer science, or other related
- Minimum of 15years of NASA, commercial space, or related DOD program experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in foam insulation processes and
- This is a non-management, engineering
- Additional Requirements:
- Ability to obtain access to NASA facilities
- Must be co-located with the Core Stage program and NASA program Office to facilitate daily interaction with internal and customer