SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
The GN&C Design Engineer will beresponsible for the development, implementation, testing and verification of GN&C algorithms and FSW for the Dream Chaser. This individual must be technically competent in the GN&C discipline and familiar with the design, integration, evaluation, testing and certification of GN&C algorithms and flight software.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and produce robust integrated GN&C algorithms that that meet all vehicle performance requirements with sufficient margin
- Participating in the development, verification and validation of GN&C algorithms and flight software
- Support GN&C requirements development and ensure they are properly scoped for nominal and dispersed conditions
- Develop and mature GN&C design and analysis tools
- Work collaboratively with the GN&C internal and external teams to develop, analyze and verify performance of integrated GN&C algorithms for Dream Chaser test and operational missions
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in a Related Field. Advanced degrees are desirable.
- 6+ years of related experiencerequired.
- Experience developing, testing and certifying GN&C algorithms and flight software
- Experience building GN&C design and analysis tools
- Fluency in Matlab/Simulink environment
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, face-paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix
- Practical experience working with reentry and lifting body vehicles
- Practical experience working ISS vehicle integration
- Practical experience with flight test
- Experience with Model Based Design and autocoding process