Weedmaps is looking for an innovative and experienced business leader with a track record for driving and scaling new product capabilities from concept to successful launch and market leadership to lead the cannabis platform that powers the cannabis industry. As the GM of our B2B platform, you will be the leader internally and externally for our industry leading commerce-powering operating system solution for retailers and brands and be responsible for formulating and executing a market-winning business strategy. This leader is accountable for adoption, GMV, and pipeline growth for the overall business portfolio, working in strong collaboration with our go-to-market strategy, sales, customer success, partnership, and marketing teams. The individual is expected to work with senior-level internal & external customer stakeholders to drive adoption and ensure customer adoption, use, and satisfaction across markets. This position reports to the CTO and will be working daily with the SVPs of Product & Engineering to drive the B2B SaaS platform forward. This is a unique opportunity to be on the forefront of an exciting & innovative industry at the largest player in the market.
The Impact You'll Make:
- Serve as the General Manager and owner responsible for the delivery and growth of B2B platform product adoption, active use, GMV, and market penetration in close partnership with our revenue team
- Define, develop and execute the B2B platform go-to market strategy & plan in collaboration with marketing, sales, customer success, sales support, and B2B and B2C product teams
- Be responsible for ensuring the overall end to end business product life cycle meets the business needs. This includes partnering with Product and Engineering as well as subject matter experts to drive: market analysis and needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, release planning, requirements gathering, functional specification all the way through to customer enablement and success and leading team of product managers.
- Define the market opportunity for WM to be the operating system solution of choice for the industry’s highest-volume businesses and shape the product roadmap accordingly
- Develop roadmap and commercial terms to position the B2B platform and its products as a must-have integration amongst ERP and commerce platform players that serve our target retail and brand customers
- Work closely with the sales and customer success to ensure continued customer success, multi-product adoption, ACV, revenue and market share growth.
- Perform the role of champion to promote and evangelize the product and new features with marketing, sales, customer success, support, agencies, partners, and customers.
- Engage directly with customers during pre-sales and post-sales implementations to ensure the product will help them reach their desired business outcomes.
- Develop and nurture high performance cross functional teams and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Lead strategic planning for and delivery of expansion of our B2B SaaS platform products into new and existing markets.
- Work with engineering, product, and marketing teams to successfully deliver products.
- Collaborate with Revenue and Marketplace leadership and operators to deliver bundled solutions that are required in the B2B SaaS operating platform (acquisition & retention, CRM, e-commerce, logistics, POS, etc.)
- Ensure coordination with B2C Marketplace roadmap
What You've Accomplished:
- Proven business leadership and results in a fast-paced, high-growth B2B SaaS business as evidenced by market share gain and leadership
- Strong command of B2B SaaS business strategy development across disparate and changing markets
- Experience in building, selling, marketing and scaling B2B SaaS technology products
- A strong sense of vision and ability to mobilize product, engineering and business teams to continue innovating to drive market leadership and customer success.
- Experience navigating multi-product software company matrix with demonstrated ability to lead cross-functionally across B2B and B2C product lines and working functions
- Appreciation for the unique requirements of the B2B customer and how they differ from B2C, as well as where needs overlap at a commercial and product level
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in senior-level business discussions
- Equivalent of 15+ years of business leadership and development, operations, product management, and/or growth strategy experience
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related disciplines or equivalent experience in leadership roles at highly technical organizations
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi.