GM - SaaS
*Position must sit in 1 of 2 Southeast Cities with relocation provided
The GM will be responsible for building, leading, and managing a software product portfolio. This role will be responsible for growing all aspects of a global portfolio, including developing the strategy and business plan, driving new product development, gaining cross functional alignment and driving the execution of the business plan.
The GM will need to act with an entrepreneurial spirit and manage the portfolio with a GM mindset. This role requires strong strategic thinking and experience in multiple industries and regions to effectively balance and win market share in our target industries.
Responsible for overall product portfolio leadership in order to meet sales and gross (or standard) margin targets this role must closely collaborate with colleagues in Marketing, Sales and Engineering. Must manage a group of product managers and/or associateproduct managers.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment ?specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Design go to market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Manage the product lifecycle.
Develop Business Plan (Achieve cross-functional alignment to the plan)
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals. Build consensus on specific tasks.
- Establish pricing policy
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
- Engage with customers to better understand their needs and ensure our product plans are aligned to their strategic priorities.
Execution: New Product Development launch
- Be the opportunity champion for projects.
- Plans product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans.
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP.
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership.
- Provide inputs to Marcom for the development of collateral, including e-commerce.
- Develop well justified business cases for new products with critical outcomes, such as returns, clearly defined.
Execution: Post Launch Product Management
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio to drive the appropriate return on investment.
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
- Enable sales to promote product line via training and the development of collateral materials that help articulate the value proposition.
- Manage special pricing requests
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps.
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
-Manages and develops a team of product managers.
-Recruits, selects, and trains new product managers.