About State Street
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Purpose Of Role: Including (but not limited to): Market-make and order-manage for Sales/clients in spot, forward, NDF and Options trades.
Leverage principal positioning via transparent machine driven or manual trade initiatives within overall and local risk guidelines and budgets to maximize revenue opportunities. Working within a global risk book structure, oversee and operate all relevant spot, Forward, Emerging Market, NDF and Option manual and electronic platform to manage risk.
- Specific Duties: Quoting and managing direct/non-machine qualifying voice order business from Sales.
- When appropriate, use eFX liquidity for portfolio efficiency and use of discretion to tighten or skew pricing, based on client specific knowledge.
- For non-eligible trades, use legacy Direct Market Access.
- Use macro views & technical to manage risk from client flows and maximize the revenue opportunity
- Execute flows according to client’s orders (at best, slowly, “iceberg”, etc.)
- Relay to traders in other offices any important/large client flows
- Continuously monitor client orders in Barracuda
- Monitor and execute limit and stop loss orders for clients
- Protect client’s best interest through the use of discretion
- Continuously synthesize informational content of macroeconomic data, market research, news stories and price action
- Assist sales team in formulating trading strategies for clients
- Post ideas in global chats Sales and Trading chats
- Continuously monitor trading positions and risk limits and ensure all positions are accounted for and booked properly
- Make sure positions are within proper risk and credit limits
- Book all overnight fills and check positions and limits
- Prepare and execute all hourly fixings from 8am to 5pm
- Monitor and net all client trades submitted for the fix to determine net exposure
- Position for the fix and execute client trades during the fix while working to maximize revenue opportunity
- Determine exposures during the fix and execute client trades during the fix while working to maximize revenue opportunity
- Prepare for morning meeting
- Read news, internal & external research, analyze overnight market moves and upcoming market events to offer opinions and observations during the morning call
- Review volumes report from previous day to ensure its accuracy
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Work with the spot, Forward, Emerging Market, NDF and Option traders in the other centers to optimize the value of the global book working closely with the responsiblerisk monitoring locale to ensure maximum use of the available internal liquidity.
- Collaborate for proficient staffing coverage of Bank holidays and vacations with the other geographies.
- Attend global team meetings to discuss new developments, client analysis and delivery roadmap.
- FX Tradingexperience
- BS Degree, 2years FX Trading minimum
- Process oriented open mindset with good understanding of technology and global markets.
- Strong and succinct communication skills.
Job Opening ID