Join our Housewares team at Helen of Troy as Global VP of DTC eCommerce and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands: Hydro Flask and OXO! Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
As Global VP of DTC eCommerce, you will lead the vision, strategy, planning and execution for our Housewares division, including both the Hydro Flask and OXO brands. You'll have the dual objective of driving strong, profitable DTC businesses and activating our growing iconic brands via robust websites and strong consumer relationships. You'll provide global leadership to grow direct-to-consumer eCommerce businesses and websites to industry-leading levels. Your focus will be driving North America eCommerce revenue, profit and digital performance marketing while providing global leadership on regional strategies and plans. In this role, you lead a team of empowered and collaborative people that embody our values and culture Our Global VP of DTC eCommerce will be forward thinking leadership partner, collaborating with Marketing leadership to identify how DTC drives brand strategies and how marketing supports DTC strategies. Additionally, you'll collaborate with Sales, Product, Operations and Finance leadership to ensure linked vision, goals and strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Define and achieve short-term and long-term DTC strategy and goals for Housewares division including balancing revenue/profit generation and building strong brand/consumer relationships.
- Co-Lead the Helen of Troy DTC Task Force to craft next level DTC structure and standard practices to drive shared success across all brands.
- Collaborate with IT partners and DTC peers in other divisions regularly about organizational structure, DTC ecommerce management, website management, performance marketing, vendors/resources, and both DTC operational and customer service excellence.
- Generate North America revenue forecasts, unit/supply forecasts and traffic/marketing forecasts.
- Develop North America DTC customer acquisition and performance marketing plans. Influence global marketing plans and calendars to drive traffic and profitable revenue and hit targets.
- Lead P&L to maximize profitability and own budgets in North America.
- Drive DTC consumer database strategy and resource planning. Incorporate insights into marketing plans to drive retention and LTV.
- Partner with product and operations departments on ongoing optimization and market expansion of My Hydro as well as future Customization Programs.
- Provide global website & digital property leadership for Hydro Flask and OXO with strong global brand integration, including but not limited to owning direct market global web properties, building strategic plan for ecommerce platform, lead DTC product merchandising strategy, optimize conversion rates, and direct web maintenance, security, and regulatory compliance/privacy.
- Provide leadership, consultation, and mentoring to regional team supporting Europe, Middle East & Africa.
- Inspire a shared vision among the team while demonstrating proficiency as a leader to achieve goals.
- Serve as an encouraging leader of your team through career development, recognition, feedback, and goals. Demonstrate our shared values and culture principles.
- Lead with a continuous improvement mentality-continually build new and improve current processes.
- 15+ years of experience in direct-to-consumer eCommerce and digital marketing, with at least 8 years in a leadership role.
- 8+ years working with premium consumer goods, outdoor/active lifestyle or housewares brands.
- Experience with a public multi-branded organization with wholesale and DTC customers is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong knowledge of successful eCommerce practices and standard technical requirements.
- Ability to drive profitable traffic from a variety of web channels. Track record handling interactive agencies and digital marketing vendors.
- Proficient with ecommerce platforms/systems/Technology; Magento, Tag Management, Google Analytics, Feed Management, product reviews, etc.
- Experience identifying new approaches and tools to optimize user experience and improve website performance (usability, A:B and multivariate testing, etc.).
- Shown ability to grow a profitable $50+ million eCommerce business and contribute to successful brand building.
- Demonstrated ability to balance hands-on responsibilities while collaborating with teammates to delivery results.
- Strong ability to influence and empower cross functional teams.
- Ability to generate DTC strategies, plans and results with cross-functional alignment.
- Strong digital marketing chops gained from leading digital performance marketing campaigns that delivered strong ROAS.