The Global Upgrades Generalisttravels globally throughout all phases of the project lifecycle (preparation, execution, evaluation) as the technical expert of the project team. Particularly during execution, the Generalist looks ahead at the daily plan to identify and mitigate technical risks in order to prevent known issues from occurring and drives progress towards a solution for occurring issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Global Upgrades Technical Generalist is the technical conscience of a complex upgrade project that typically requires more than 50 engineers and support personnel, with a planned duration of 2 to 15 weeks. You will work in a cross-functional, multi-cultural team throughout the project lifecycle: preparation, execution, and evaluation. This includes understanding the status of the project, advising on technical impact of changes, tracking issues, and driving progress to meet the project plan.
· Based out of San Diego, up to sixty percent (60%) worldwide travel is required with a duration of approximately 5 weeks continuous. Also, must be able to work in a 24 hour x 7 day environment, i.e. any shift, any day.
· Preparation: Helps to manage all technical activities through ASML’s Zero Repeat Error Game Plan (detailed timed sequence of upgrade steps, schedule, procedures, parts, tools, resources, training, etc.) with the ultimate goal of executing a flawless upgrade.
· Execution: Provides technical input during the daily upgrade activities at the customer site. This includes tracking technical issues from discovery through resolution and follow through on structural changes if needed, monitoring and helping drive project progress, and helping evaluate and manage project risk.
· Evaluation: Helps in the creation of a Lessons-Learned presentation with all the issues encountered during the upgrade and how to contain or correct them before the next upgrade. Takes the initiative in defining significant improvement proposals.
· Proactively manages risks and is a key driver for safety at the customer site.
· Translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
· Personally solves technical problems and implement solutions with available resources .
· Understands and effectively communicates technical issues with global colleagues and technical support and manages the solution paths.
· Provides assistance, guidance, training, and leadership to junior or less experienced Generalists and Upgrades Engineers.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· BSc degree (MSc is preferred) in Technology, Engineering and / or Physics.
· Willing to travel up to 60%, up to approximately 5 weeks (continuous) at a time.
· Direct experience with ASML NXE systems (including its modules such as Source Vessel, CO2 path, and/or Scanner) is required for this position.
· A minimum of six (6) years engineering experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex production processes, preferably with trouble-shooting: analyzing problem to finding root cause and solution. Significant strengths in one or more of the following are considered a plus: electronics; control systems; hardware; lasers; optical components and metrology; or vacuum systems.
· Ability to read engineering documentation and analyze complex data using statistical tools.
· Ability to lead and manage cross-functional and global teams to successfully meet their commitments.
· Structured approach to solving problems and implementing solutions to complex problems with available resources.
· Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
· Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
· High skill levels in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems. Ability to use MS Project a plus.