ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the transformation of marketing requirements into viable and impactful products and/or product features that meet specific customer needs. Work with cross-functional teams on creating detailed product requirements and use cases, as well as user experience requirements to ensure customer needs are met. Document requirements. Understand cost and timing aspects.
- Lead the creation of business requirements documents that outline key product improvements or changes.
- Lead the creation of business cases for product changes.
- Lead cross-functional teams within the organization – including R&D, IT, Clinical, and Manufacturing to support the successful implementation of product requirements through design, development, testing and launch. Support validation that the product going to market is meeting the requirements and is expected to achieve the anticipated impact.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers (Dentists and Orthodontists) through primary and secondary research, market visits and close sales relationships. Incorporate this understanding into creating a vision for the product line and into product requirements that are consistent with the long term customer experience vision.
- Lead the validation and improvements upon product requirements through user experience reviews, user acceptance testing, and pilot management as appropriate. Work closely with cross-functional teams and marketing partners to support the commercialization of product launches. Work with Professional Education, Clinical, Legal, Regulatory, Customer Marketing, Customer Care, and Sales teams to deliver best-in-class product improvement launches.
- For assigned customer segments, products or features, lead the following work: monitor ongoing health, adoption metrics, and feature usage; collect internal and external feedback; investigate, prioritize, and implement improvements and enhancements to maintain and/or increase benefits of product; work with international counterparts to determine international product development/release plans; determine version or product phase-out plans as appropriate.
- For large-scope projects, own the integration and tracking of Marketing and Product Requirements from multiple sources – including change control.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated track record of working at an extremely detailed level linking to higher level objectives
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast paced environment with skills to manage and deliver multiple programs in parallel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Team-orientation and ability to work well in a cross-functional environment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in and with virtual teams
- Excellent English skills, additional languages advantageous
- Up to 30% of travelrequired, including some international travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS or BA required, MBA a plus
- A minimum of 5 years working in product development organizations
- Experience in medical device or dental product development
- Experience in business analysis and requirements development desired