We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Deliver trade compliance operational capability that supports the global network and aligns to the go-to-market strategy for JuuL Labs offerings. This role serves as one of the functional experts in trade operations, using experience and knowledge of U. S. and foreign customs regulations, as well as other partner governmental agencies, while actively managing Juul’s import and export performance.
- Stay abreast of new, amended, or proposed regulatory activities to determine impact to the GTC and business objectives; implement necessary program modifications and effectively communicate throughout the organization.
- The scope of the role spans: material classification, trade and compliance operations, terms of trade, and cost management (tax optimization), and global customs brokerage oversight. This position will act as both a subject-matter expert (SME) as well as operational driver for managing third-party partners.
- Manage the financial reporting of global customs house brokers and other third-party service providers and AES filing compliance guidelines
- Manage Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification, and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) determination and Denied Party Screening.
- Identify and remedy known or potential non-compliance events or activities.
- Develop training modules and lead employee training efforts in import, and export operations.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting KPIs and metrics to senior management and reporting of import and export operations for the region.
- Oversee record keeping program to ensure all import and export related documentation is properly filed, maintained.
- The role is the primary operational owner for designated suppliers. As such, the role will be accountable for handling the operational performance, and continued optimization opportunities with designated partners. The role may participate in overall business planning and should understand the organization's supply chain strengths and future capabilities.
- High ethical and personal integrity standards; honest and trustworthy
- Capacity to accept frequent challenges with extensive and complex scope that confront typical trade compliance programs in multi-national manufacturing companies, and manage these challenges effectively with minimal supervision
- Experience with data systems in managing trade operations.
- Appropriate level of working knowledge specific to Import tariff Classification, Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) determination, import and export processes and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy-Must be able to properly archive both electronically and within the established JuuL processes
- Ability to manage daily oversight and processes required for a global network.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 7 years of trade compliance experience
- Minimum of 7 years direct interaction with managing global imports and exports in accordance with government regulations
- Regular interaction and collaboration activities with various organizational functions domestically and globally
- Know how to conduct trade operations within an established ERP.