The Global Trade Compliance Manager is the operating authority within ChargePoint for issues and items related to export of materials from facilities and activities that fall under export / import control. This person is expected to be the authority and ‘go-to’ for export compliance related questions/issues and to maintain and ensure the highest level of ethical standards in doing so. The Global Trade Compliance Manager collaborates with and supports procurement, finance, tax, logistics, Global Supply Chain, and engineering functions within ChargePoint.
This is a diverse role that includes serving as a subject matter expert for internal organizations, facilitating ChargePoint business by helping to ensure compliance with export and importing regulations in US, Europe. Mexico and China, including support of ChargePoint operations, providing guidance on export and import compliance issues, assisting in the mitigation of risks and monitoring developments in export regulations, and maintenance of ChargePoint export and import records.
This is a highly cross functional role with visibility to global teams and senior leadership. The position reports to the Director, Supply Chain.
- Analyze and interpret export regulations to bring to resolution unique sales cases and products releases, including to determine product eligibility for trade agreements.
- Knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and must be able to effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
- Develop and conduct trade compliance training; administer training records.
- Partner with numerous organizations within the company, including Legal, Logistics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Sales, IT and Engineering to develop and execute defined procedures
- Interface with freight forwarders, US government officials, custom brokers, internal and external customers on all matters pertaining to customs and import and export regulations
- The job entails managing and executing on both daily tasks of export document review and occasional more involved problem-solving, as situations arise.
- Primary responsibilities are to coordinate all activities involved in export regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, ECCN product classifications, harmonized tariff classifications, country of origin determination, product valuation reporting, export license applications (if needed).
- Monitors, measures, and reports Key Performance Indicators (KPI) on adherence to regulations and procedures
- Evaluate new government requirements to ensure import and export compliance with changes and incorporation into day to day operations and standard operating procedures
- Serve as a functional expert in Global Trade Compliance, using experience and knowledge of U.S. and foreign customs regulations, as well as other partner governmental agencies, to promote increased compliance within the organization. Support group programs and projects that take advantage of Free Trade Agreements (including management of certificates of origin) and other duty-savings opportunities
- Manage the Duty Drawback process, identify drawback opportunities and establish procedures
- Document processes associated with Trade Compliance activities
- Manage ACH account
- Review and apply for yearly Broker license.
- Manage data entry requirements in ERP system.
- Audit and code duty invoices for accounting.
- Bachelor’s in business, Logistics, or related field, and a minimum of 5 to 8 years in Import/Export experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of international business practices, transportation laws, and customs requirements. Understanding of Customs Regulations in the EU, US and China.
- Thoroughly familiar with international shipping documents such as commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill, and export license; including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and license data.
- Requires excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, resourcefulness and the ability to solve problems working with all staff levels.
- Must have familiarity with ERP systems, preferably NetSuite
- Willing to Travel approximately 15%, possible international.
- Requires advanced Excel skills and ability to interpret data