Provides technical supportassociated with Cymer laser products for Integrator and Chipmaker Operations. Provides comprehensive technical engineering support for escalations and other technical issues requiring resolution and support to our Field Operations. Key interfaces include account team and program engineering, Cymer Field Service, and Site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support to field engineers, local technical support engineers, and integrator site operations engineers including diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repairsupport.
- Uses established escalation and service management processes to provide timely responses to field situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment.
- Reports design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering and assists in problem communication and solution implementation to integrator operations/regional support personnel.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Identifies issues emanating from integrator and service operations that require engineering change. Utilizes established change management & field change processes to follow-through with appropriate documentation and implementation for regional service & support organization(s).
- Provide support and adheres to corporate processesassociated with new product introduction, released products, quality, technical service reporting, field service communications, etc.
- May also be required, as part of new product technical support, to assist in providing technical support to field engineers, regional technical support engineers, and integrator account team members who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging, and communicating issues associated with complex laser-based systems.
- May be involved in customer installation launch teams, training, and preparation associated with successful new product launch to customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Applies thorough knowledge of design methodologies. Basic knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools including the capability of statistically analyzing data and reporting it in graphical formats (trend charts, CpK, Control Charts, Gauge R&R Studies).
- Requires advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: ProEngineer, Excel, LabView, JMP, MS Project, Oracle DMR, Agile. Java, Visual Basic programming knowledge is desired but not required.
- Must have a combination of and/or significant strengths in electronics, software, mechanical engineering, optics.
- Must possess knowledge of Deep Ultra Violet (DUV) equipment installation and support, i.e, stepping and or scanning “Photo Lithography Imaging” systems, DUV metrology systems, DUV excimer lasers or specific DUV Beam Delivery Systems.
- System performance related data analysis, system troubleshooting, and applied technical problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret complex situations as required to develop appropriate actions.
- For regions - oral and written English language skills preferred.
General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with higher level staff members on some technical issues. Minimum of two (2) years of experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 2years experience in a related Semiconductor Equipment discipline, or equivalent experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting and/or customer service on electronic systems
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4years experience in DUV optical imaging systems support in a cleanroom environment or equivalent experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting and/or customer service on electronic systems.
- Applied technical support/field service experience in semiconductor photolithography/semiconductor fab environment is highly desired.