Global Technical Support Engineer
The Global Technical Support Engineer will serve as a key technical professional supporting Novocure’s medical devices that provide our novel treatment to patients. The engineer will support Novocure’s internal and field based teams with responsibilities include technical support, technical training, complaint investigations, data analysis, and acting as a liaison with product development and engineering. We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic professional for a full time position within Novocure’s Technical Operations and Analysis group. Novocure provides cancer patients with a novel treatment for aggressive cancers using Tumor Treating electric Fields (TTFields).
This is a full time, exempt position located out of our Portsmouth, NH office and reports to the Manager of Technical Operations and Analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as lead technical resource for complaint investigations for a medical device and associated ancillary products
- Investigate device failures for root cause and where applicable recommend corrective action to product management, patient facing teams, or engineering
- Provide feedback to patient facing teams in instances where no fault is found when devices are returned
- Provide technical training and serve as a technical support resource for all teams involved with the device including both hardware and software products and tools. Teams may include:
- Field based Device Support Specialists
- Global Operations Center Quality Control Inspectors (US, EU, APAC)
- Global Service Personnel (US, EU, APAC)
- Patient Care Coordinators (US)
- Learning and Development
- Use investigative skills for troubleshooting medical devices via log file analysis for mechanical or electrical defects or for human factors that prohibited proper usage of the medial device
- Maintain technical product documentation including but not limited to new version documentation and technical bulletins
- Act as a liaison with product management and engineering in the US, EU and Israel providing ongoing product feedback and enhancement requests
- Act as a liaison and subject matter expert to quality management and service
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably engineering or medical devices
- At least 3 years’ experience in an engineering, manufacturing, or technical support/service environment
- Previous medical device experience, familiarity with FDA Quality System Regulations , ISO 13485, and exposure to medical device manufacturing preferred
- Exceptional communication skills
- Previous technical training experience preferred
- Previous experience with CMS / Inventory management systems (SAP)
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Patient-forward: aspiring to make a difference in cancer.
Our patient-forward mission
Together with our patients, we strive to extend survival in some of the most aggressive forms of cancer by developing and commercializing our innovative therapy.
Our patient-forward values