Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development ofproducts and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a new Global Technical Support Engineer I. This role will have global responsibilities for assisting FieldNET users (Dealers, Growers and Internal) withoperational and technical support needs through multiple medias. This position is responsible for answering incoming phone calls and emails from customers and addressing their questions and concerns regarding FieldNET products, systems and services as well as troubleshooting any technical problems they may have. This position reports to theFieldNET Support Manager.
This is a full-time hourly position based temporarily in our Omaha North Park locationuntil our new corporate office is completed in January. This position is hourly, and overtime is paid for all hours worked over 40. Benefit package includes, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursement and more. 5% travel required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build an in-depth knowledge of the entire FieldNET product suite and how it interacts with our Lindsay Zimmatic products and third-party equipment
- Achieve a working knowledge of competitor's telemetry and pivot systems to assist dealers on set-up, installations, differences in wiring schematics and troubleshooting
- Provide technical support, advice and assistance to Dealers, Growers, and Lindsayinternal teams
- Handle incoming calls and emails for basic Dealer/Grower/Lindsay internal team inquires following department standards for delivering world class customer service
- Resolves customer technical issues; helps them understand how to use FieldNET, assists with basic configurations and troubleshooting
- Assists with installations, configuring systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solved technical and application problems, wither over the phone or in person
- Reproduces, troubleshoots and resolves basic technical issues for customers
- Provides detailed description of issues/bugs, completes case reporting requirements and escalates issue to SR. or Lead Engineer
- Documents accurate case records of customer issues, status progress and problem resolutions utilizing our department case management system
- Performs customer acceptance testing of enhancements, new products and/or bug fixes for the FieldNET systems and supporting third party systems
- Processes FieldNET subscriptions and acts as lead or back-up lead for billing processes.
- Assists with creating and delivering customer training
- Generates As-hoc reporting and tracking for department
- Manages promotions/sales tracking
- Writes new procedures and updates existing as needed
- Work closely and build relationships with the FieldNET Team and other Lindsayemployees to support our One Lindsay Culture
- Bachelor's degree and/or previous experience working in Customer Support/Help Desk environment or working in an agriculture or electrical field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Customer Focus
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task is essential
- Savvy with Microsoft office and web-based applications
- Ability to aspire to and demonstrate Lindsay's Vision, Values and Behaviors daily