FMC Corporation is a leading speciality company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow that world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Join FMC’s world-class research & development organization, Global Development Biology in transforming the agricultural industry for crop protection products. We are seeking a purpose-focused, self-motivated, experienced scientist who will be accountable for the design and implementation of biology product programs to advance new assets to commercialization as well as for product support, renewal and stewardship of FMC through asset lifecycle.
The Global Technical Manager is responsible for integrating complex global efforts that encompass all facets of a biology product development plan. The successful candidate is a key member of global business and project teams, representing all aspects of efficacy, product performance and crop safety. He/She will work closely with interdependent functions on project teams (such as Marketing, Formulations, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Patents, Field Development, Legal and Business Development) and other key stakeholders to use his/her in-depth scientific and technical knowledge to help prioritize and plan as well as manage the technical risks for new assets and for renewal of existing products.
PhD in biological, technical or agricultural discipline and 10+ years of technical experience on product(s) or project management
- Strong leadership experience, such as, experience in influencing through others and taking the initiative to deliver high quality results
- Strong track record of delivering on-time, quality results in a matrix organization
- Strong technical knowledge in fungicides, including competitive products and their positioning
- Expert knowledge of product development processes, and familiar with marketing and sales processes
- Practical understanding of the agricultural market place
- Experience on product(s) or project management
- Experienceworking with sales and marketing organizations
- Experience in creating and fostering an environment that engenders teamwork and innovation
- Experience in driving accountability in an organization
- Experience in fostering knowledge sharing/transfer for a diverse group
- Product Technical Management and Product Development experience in developing products in the agricultural sector
- Competent in positioning of products and competitive strategy
- Long term view with ability to create and drive elements of change, when appropriate
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Familiar with knowledge management processes and database programs
- Experience working outside of the USA a plus