We are seeking a highly motivated individual to partner with the Group Tax Controller to coordinate and manage XL Catlin’s taxfinancialreporting processes. Specifically, we are looking for a candidate who is passionate about leveraging technology to enhance existing processes to free up capacity for analytical review and other value added activity.
The internal title for this position is Manager, Tax aligned to the finance function’s career framework.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Coordination of the global interim quarter and year-end tax provision process, including the related financial statement disclosure, and assisting the Group Tax Controller with analytical review.
- Compilation of quarterly tax packages for Management to explain changes in the components of tax expense and tax assumptions as compared to budget, reforecast, and prior year/quarter actuals.
- Coordination of all taxreporting activities as part of the planned integration, including purchase accounting and transformation of existing tax processes and applications to accommodate IFRS reporting requirement.
- Partner with regional tax teams as part of the Group Tax Accounting Process Redesign, to actively assist in simplifying both the global and regional tax processes with a focus on enhancing financial controls while using technology/automation to improve and simplify the process.
- Coordination of all budget and quarterly ETR reforecast activity.
- Staying current on US GAAP/IFRS accounting developments to assess any potential tax impact and communication of accounting updates to expanded tax team.
- Work with the Group Tax Controller and Regional Heads of Tax to facilitate tax accounting and taxtechnology trainings for the expanded tax team.
- Primary point of contact for the Longview Tax Provisioning application, including communication with the vendor/consultants, coordination and testing of any application design changes, assisting team with troubleshooting, and seeking continuous improvement in the use of the application with a focus on improving the user experience, and reducing risk through automation while maintaining the integrity of the data.
- Monitor and facilitate compliance with all tax related SOX control procedures.
You will report to the Head of TaxReporting & Risk, Tax.
UNLEASH your potential
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4+ years of corporate tax/financeexperience, CPA desirable.
- Ability to organize, synthesize, and analyze large volumes of data from different source systems and to identify patterns or anomalies.
- Strong desire to learn new technology tools and ability to identify opportunities to leverage these tools to improve the efficiency of existing process.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, required. Familiarity with SharePoint a plus.
- Exposure to ERP systems (Hyperion, including Smartview, PeopleSoft), data analytics software (Qlik/Tableau), and tax provisioning systems (Longview), a plus.
- Strong organization, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Income Tax Accounting under ASC 740. IFRS exposure, a plus.