Global Tax Director
Technology Company in San Diego Seeks Global Tax Director!
We have been engaged to find a savvy Tax Director with a strong grasp of international, foreign transfer pricing strategies it relates to multi-company consolidation experience in transfer pricing studies, Subpart F and foreign tax credit calculations.
Primary responsibilities include
(i) Developing and refining global tax strategies to minimize tax expense and comply with all local, federal and foreign tax laws;
(ii) Reviewing/preparing the quarterly consolidated tax provision;
(iii) Reviewing the preparation of US corporate Federal and state returns; and
(iv) Advising my client and senior management and Board of Directors on all tax- related matters including global tax strategies, compliance and accounting.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the design, documentation and implementation of various integrated systems and applications for preparation of quarterly tax provision and annual US and foreign income tax returns, utilizing financial information from various systems and databases.
2. Develops and refines global tax strategies, including transfer pricing, to minimize tax expense and comply with all local, federal and foreign tax laws.
3. Works closely with foreign controllers and tax accountants in the application of US GAAP in preparation of consolidated tax provision and foreign tax returns.
4. Conducts research and consults with external auditors and tax consultants on various tax provision and compliance matters.
5. Advises Client's senior management and board of directors on all tax related matters including global tax strategies, compliance and accounting.
6. Supervises tax department (US Senior Tax Manager and foreign employees as their duties relate to tax compliance and provision)
7. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibility: US Tax Senior Manager and non-US employees on application of US GAAP in preparing local quarterly tax provisions and tax returns and implementing global tax planning strategies.
And who are you? You have a CPA, California Certified or a state with reciprocity, possess a Master?s in Taxation and 15 years of either Public Accounting (Big 4) or Industry with progressive experience that showcases the essential skills outlined above, or a combination of Big 4 and Industry. Relocation assistance will be provided for the selected candidate.