Multi-site responsibility including full management responsibility for manufacturing, tactical materials management, strategic supply chain, sales and operations planning, environmental health and safety, warehousing and distribution, facilities, test engineering and calibration. Additional responsibility for staffing, Cost Center P&L responsibility and controlling of manufacturing, in order to achieve short and long range goals. Drive key metrics around Safety, Quality, Inventory, on time delivery, and material and productivity improvements. Responsible for leading product process and service oriented multi-disciplined teams to produce high quality products with competitive costs and lead times. Develop manufacturing into a competitive advantage with a focus on the customer.
- Operations Strategy
- Develops and implements local plans that are aligned with the broader global strategy
- Utilizes insights from an integrated understanding of business and the external environment to provide strategic input into creation of production volume / demand for the plan
- Financial Management
- Establishes appropriate budget goals aligned with external product demand and internal strategy
- Delivers financial commitments to optimize short term performance and long term sustainable growth while ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies, while meeting or exceeding objectives of asset management as well as effective management of obsolescence costs
- Appropriately allocates resources to align with performance goals
- Conducts appropriate financial reviews to monitor business performance
- Enhances and ensures financialforecasting accuracy
- Understands external financial pressures, anticipates potential effect on business, and takes appropriate action
- Formulates and recommends to senior leadership both long and short range objectives, goals and policies for the business in terms of product costs, delivery cycles, quality, manpower requirements, facilities and such other subjects which may have a major impact on the profits and growth of the Plant or the Company
- Operations Effectiveness/Productivity/ACE
- Plans and directs the improved and balanced utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and manpower to optimize company growth capabilities and plant performance
- Directs, implements and maintains manufacturing plans, policies and programs to improve quality, delivery time and lower overall costs in the plant
- Continuously improves methods, processes and facilities by addition, modification or replacement in order to raise productivity, improve return on investment and achieve lower cost with full regard for the health, safety and well-being of employees
- Ensure schedule reliability within the unit
- Support the development and implementation of manufacturing strategy based on lean production principles, supply chain management, ACE and lean transformation.
- Evaluate and oversee implementation of innovative technology to improve return on investment and achieve lower cost within manufacturing facilities
- Maintain ACE Silver certification while working towards ACE Gold certification
- Organizational Leadership/Communication
- Staffs the organization so as to be continually prepared to implement the plans necessary to meet the Plant and Company's objectives while initiating the required organizational changes whenever objectives, goals and plans must change. Responsible for an operation with three shifts.
- Sets objectives for the team, develops successors and performance of staff, develops and leads a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with all plant employees regarding company and plant objectives, goals, plans and programs so as to permit and encourage the individual to identify areas of mutual interest
- Inspires in each employee the desire to perform as a team member of the organization and obtain from each the voluntary acceptance of the responsibilities that go with the work assignment
- Ensure timely and complete feedback provided to all associates that enables them to improve their overall performance and contribution to the Company
- Provide leadership that facilitates accomplishment of UTC's Diversity Objectives by ensuring support systems and practices are in place to provide all employees the opportunity to contribute to their full potential by identifying and eliminating the obstacles and barriers that prevent this from occurring
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Ensure effective Environmental Health & Safety processes and programs in compliance with UTC standards as well as applicable regulations and legislation in all areas of responsibility, which have a direct impact on the health, and safety of employees and the environment, assure that appropriate safeguards are in place and that the UTC Policy and Principles on Human and Natural Resource Protection is fully supported and implemented
- Ethics and Compliance
- Direct the application of the Corporation's Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and implement effective affirmative action to assure compliance with government regulations if it is applicable in your country
- In all areas of responsibility, the incumbent is responsible for providing full compliance with the UTC Policies and the UTC Code of Ethics which include ensuring subordinate staff are aware of the policies and that their responsibilities and actions comply and support these policies
- Business Partner
- Contributes to the technological leadership of the Company by participating in product planning activity and by reviewing new product designs and proposals for assigned products to assure that manufacturing considerations have been incorporated and that full advantage of manufacturing possibilities has been taken
- Responsible for the performance of other tasks related to this position as they are assigned
- Experience as a shop floor supervisor
- Strong strategic planning, organizational, analytical, problem solving, leadership, Independent thinking and excellent communication skills are essential
- Bachelor’s degree/ (Masters or MBA preferred): 7-10 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment at the managerial level while driving key operations metrics
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68075BR