About the Role
Our supply chain team is growing and we are looking for a Global Supply Manager to help develop and drive supply base strategy, sourcing, readiness, and production execution for Nuro. You will manage our supply base for Nuro owned components and subassemblies as we ramp from prototype to production.
About the Work
- Develop and execute supply base strategy through understanding of the technologies and industrial markets
- Negotiate NDA’s, SOW’s and Master Supplier Agreements and make sure key contractual documents are in place prior to award of business.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers throughout contract and pricing negotiations, business strategy planning, and growth/scaling.
- Create sourcing strategies through total cost of ownership analysis including benchmarking, make vs buy, and should cost analysis. Optimize the supply chain to improve quality, delivery, and cost.
- Identify supply/demand challenges, analyze market conditions, be up to date with technology trends and identify new sourcing opportunities
- Work closely with engineering teams and lead the vendor selection process
- Manage supplier bring up for all builds for the entire product lifecycle from development, ramp, production and obsolescence.
- Oversee and collaborate on the development of the build schedule with suppliers; host regular meetings to drive resolution of any commercial and industrialization issues. Visit supplier locations as needed.
- Establish, track and report on metrics for success to ensure suppliers meet targets efficiently. Key metrics include: schedule, cost, quality, throughput, cycle time, and yield.
- Evaluate business proposals and present recommendations that will lower program risk, result in cost avoidance or savings
- Communicate program readiness and risks to key stakeholders
- Domestic travel (25%) and international travel (5%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering, or Business + 5 years of experience. Masters degree or MBA is a plus
- You are a self starter who is comfortable in an ambiguous environment. You thrive where there is a challenge to organize, measure, and execute. You take initiative when something needs to get done and are self-motivated for success. You are widely known for your can-do attitude and for getting results and people look to you to lead.
- You’ve shipped product. You’ve been through and helped drive all stages of product development - from prototype to new product introduction and ramp to production. You can point to successful product launches and can share effective lessons you’ve learned from the less successful ones.
- You hold a diverse background that allows you to bring best practices to the table.You have experience in sourcing mechanical and electrical components for Vehicle level systems. You also have the technical experience from working in factories ramping operations with multiple production lines.
- You have excellent project management and prioritization skills. You are well organized and can juggle multiple workstreams to ensure the team hits critical achievements.
- You can influence others in all directions. You know how to effectively communicate and collaborate cross functionally and with all levels within an organization. You have a deep understanding of how to identify team goals and align others to execute.
- You wear different hats and will actively drive open items to help your team move forward. You understand enough in other functional areas to fill in gaps and remove roadblocks when needed.