Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
Our supply chain team is growing and we are looking for a Global Supply Manager to help develop and drive supply base strategy, sourcing, readiness, and production execution for Nuro. You will manage our supply base for Nuro owned components and subassemblies as we ramp from prototype to production.
About the Work
- Develop and execute supply base strategy through understanding of technologies and industrial landscape.
- Handle relationship with suppliers in contract and pricing negotiations, business strategy planning, and growth/scaling.
- Originate sourcing through total cost of ownership analysis including benchmarking, make vs buy, and should cost analysis. Optimize supply chain to improve quality, delivery, and cost.
- Identify and mitigate risk from NPI to production.
- Lead supplier bring up for all builds for the entire product lifecycle from development to production, ramp, and obsolescence.
- Oversee and collaborate on the development of the build schedule withsuppliers; host regular meetings to drive resolution of any commercial and industrialization issues. Visit supplier locations as needed.
- Establish, track and report on build plan metrics for success to ensure suppliers meets targets efficiently. Key metrics include schedule, cost, quality, throughput, cycle time, and yield.
- Communicate program readiness and key risks to key stakeholders
- Domestic travel (25%) and international travel (5%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering, or Business + 5 years of experience. Masters degree or MBA is a plus
- You are a self starter who is comfortable in an ambiguous environment.You thrive where there is a challenge to organize, measure, and execute. You take initiative when something needs to get done and are self-motivated for success. You are widely known for your can-do attitude and for getting results and people look to you to lead.
- You’ve shipped product. You’ve been through and helped drive all stages of product development - from prototype to new product introduction and ramp to production. You can point to successful product launches and can share effective lessons you’ve learned from the less successful ones.
- You hold a diverse background that allows you to bring best practices tothe table. You have a degree and/or extensive experience in operations, engineering, and/or supply chain and/or experience in automotive or electronics. You also have the technical experience from working in factories ramping operations with multiple production lines.
- You have superior project management skills. You are an expert in projectand stakeholder management. You are well organized and can juggle multiple workstreams to ensure the team hits critical achievements. You are known for championing supply chain and manufacturing operations and coordinating with various functions seamlessly.
- You can influence others in all directions. You know how to effectively communicate and collaborate cross functionally and with all levels within an organization. You have a deep understanding of how to identify team goals and align others to execute.
- You wear different hats. You'll do anything necessary to help your team move forward. You are fluent enough in other functional areas to fill gaps and remove roadblocks when needed.
Nuro is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.