We are looking for a Global Supply Manager (GSM) to manage our mechanical engineering needs. The GSM would have strong commercial and technical skills so as to understand our Engineering technology requirements and transform them into favorable sourcing decision and purchase terms and conditions for the company. A successful GSM would be skillful in engaging cross-functionally, from internal stakeholders such as Engineering and Program Management to external partnerships with key suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally to understand technology requirements and business objectives such as BOM cost target and program schedule. Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that meet those goals.
- Develop and manage sustainable and positive supplier relationships while achieving our objectives.
- Accurately capture NRE, tooling, capital equipment and material costs, and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Negotiate terms & conditions and prices with suppliers to secure pricing and supply commitment.
- Partner closely with our Legal Team to review/draft and finalize legal agreements such as Purchase Agreements, SOWs, Software License Agreements, etc.
- Monitor industry and global market conditions, track technology roadmaps, identify supply and demand challenges and opportunities.
- At least 5 years of experience in Supply Chain (Procurement or Sourcing), or Engineering background.
- Intellectual curiosity to understand technical reasoning behind sourced parts.
- Tenacity in solving problems and has a “can do” attitude.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to influence and convince internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate well with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Legal, Program Management and Finance.
- At least 3 years of sourcing mechanical components such as machined metals, thermal solutions, mechanical assemblies, wire harnesses, etc.