Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
- Engage in a high degree of collaboration and communication with engineering, program managers, finance, human resources, manufacturing, compliance managers, quality assurance, and other supply chain departments.
- Interface with key internal stakeholders to understand their sourcing needs, perform market research, and assist in the execution of the procurement strategy.
- Continually monitor suppliers within assigned areas to achieve procurement targets in price, delivery, and quality.
- Manage purchases for assigned products in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (FAR/DFARs).
- Meet tight program schedules, work with proposal, and cross functional teams to ensure deadlines and financial goals are met.
- Facilitate process improvement/change initiatives
- 7+ years of experience as a supply chain professional in an entrepreneurial, high-tech environment.
- Demonstrated success and characteristics- setting goals, inspiring/influencing others, and always finding a way to meet the business objectives.
- New Product Introduction, Electronics, and/or Aerospace program related experience preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills, including the ability to present to Senior Leadership.
- Will need to successfully interact with peers and all levels of management within the organization.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office suite of business software is required: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- US government position. US citizenship required.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Working knowledge of Federal and Defense contracting requirements (FAR/DFARS/ITAR).
- Experience with supplier relationship management within a low volume high mix environment.
- Experience with ERP system, Oracle or similar.
- Experience with PLM, Agile or similar.
- Bachelor's degree.