If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for supervising staff that manage the flow of supplies for the manufacturing process for assigned products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinates and negotiates with vendors for price and procurement.
· Reviews multi sourcing activity and mitigates risk in Supply Chain
· Organizes and implements strategic cost reduction activities
· Maintains the standard and quality of goods and materials through purchasing and inventory control.
· Conducts market survey and analysis of material cost and prices.
· Plans and prepares the budget for procuring materials. Develops procurement plans and assesses the transporting and carting of materials. Formulates contracts and releases orders to suppliers.
· Prepares assessment reports on the availability, price, market survey, and supply of materials.
· Monitors scheduled assignments and reassigns tasks as necessary.
· Supervises and directs the work of the commodity managers and buyers
· Confers with supervisors of other departments to coordinate the flow of materials or products.
· Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for the completion of job assignments.
· Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
· Supervises supervisory and/or non-supervisory employee(s).
· Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
Skills and Abilities
· Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
· Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
· Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Writes routine reports and correspondence.
· Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides numbers (using currency and other forms of measurement).
· Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
· Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
· Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
· Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
· Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
· Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field (required).
· Seven to ten years of relevant education or experience in purchasing, logistics, or a related field (required).
· Intermediate: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet.
· Basic: Word processing/typing.
· While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
· Continually required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
· Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
· Occasionally required to sit.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
· While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently subjected to fumes or airborne particles, moving parts, and risk of electrical shock.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.