Lead Supply Chain Strategic efforts including advancements in productivity, planning & resource utilization (capacity management), inventory management, working capital, sourcing & procurement (including supplier consolidations, supply risk analysis, supplier relationships) & logistics along with identifying and leading supply chain projects that drive operational efficiency and improve Dover precision’s market competitiveness. Candidate will also be leading integrating and establishing the best practices in supply chain standards, systems, and metrics, which leads to customer metrics and profitability improvements.
He/she will develop and guide Supply Chain organizational initiatives to support functional capabilities while continuously improving Supply Chain processes, infrastructure and people. An ideal candidate would be a self-motivated strategic thinker, a proven change agent, and a strong influencer, with an inherent ability to connect with people and be able to drive change even at a tactical level in a matrix organization.
Essential functions may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Lead all strategic initiatives for global supply chain productivity/cost reductions, Best Value Country (BVC) Manufacturing & Sourcing, Dover Precision material spend, inventory levels, working capital, resource utilization/capacity planning, supplier strategy, supplier consolidation plans, and supply risk contingency planning. Individual Contrubutor role Leading and Infuencing projects- no direct reports.
- Lead special projects related to productivity, customer metrics, supplier negotiations, Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), and other continuous improvement events.
- Design and implement global supply chains that support business strategies adapted to growing and changing market conditions, new business opportunities, and cost reduction strategies. Lead demand/supply planning efforts to determine optimal delivery on forecasts and forecast changes including responsive turn-around on short lead-time opportunities.
- Lead cross-business teams in the creation of annual supply chain planning to achieve total cost of ownership savings through improvements to Policy, Price, Process, Service Levels, and Supplier management.
- Manage Supply Chain relationships with internal and external customers by monitoring, trending, analyzing and aligning their key performance indicators through supply chain dashboard metrics. Manage supplier relationship with critical suppliers (including negotiation with suppliers on prices, deliveries, quality problems, et al).
- Mentor and coach a team of global Supply Chain professionals in driving operational excellence and supply chain best practices across business units and functional organizations.
- Collaborate and partner with Dover Global Sourcing team and support corporate initiatives.
- Coordinate supply chain activities with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, engineering, NPD, production, and quality assurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field. Advanced degree preferred (preferably in business) is required.
- 7-10 years of experience in supply chain leadership role in global or, Muti-Site Manufacturier/Supplier of Components (Machined components , Plastics etc)
- Experiences in best-in-class supply chain/materials management practices and strategic sourcing processes.
- APICS CSCP or CPIM certification preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in Lean and Six Sigma concepts. Certification preferred.
- Experience with offshore sourcing and management of global contracts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess adaptability, analytical skills, and process orientation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Global mindset with strong business acumen and multiple site experience
- Extensive knowledge of materials management techniques in Muti Site Manufacturing of Machined or Plastic Engineered Components .
- Prior lean manufacturing, global outsourcing, JIT, MRP, DRP, KanBan, and supplier/subcontract management
- Project Management skills. Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Syteline knowledge preferred.
- Must have exceptional organizational, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with personnel of all levels in the organization
- Foster a culture of learning and improvement
- Ability to connect and negotiate with suppliers
- Superior math and analytical skills. Problem-solving experience
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally 25%